XIV

Still 7 years ago

About 7 months later

"Rachel are you ready?!" I heard one of my 'co-workers' yell from the entrance of the club's locker room, I was busy getting dressed in a bright pink 2 piece crop top. The bright colors looked good on my dark skin, tonight was easy. All I had to do was give people lap dances for money and I gotta keep it. I was really happy about it.

"Almost!" I yelled back. I looked at myself in the dirty mirror, I was getting fewer hours of sleep and it was starting to show around my eyes. Then my mind flashed to Ray. It's been a while since I heard from him, I wasn't too concerned but a little curious because he did go from calling for me every other night to now nothing. I know he's not dead. Hopefully not... I need his check.

I finished my makeup and left the musty locker room, the club was packed by the looks of the crowd. I was already exhausted. I painted a grin on my face and made my way to the other side of the club that had private dancing booths,

"So who's up?" I asked Jamie who was a friend of mine. She glanced up from the clipboard and glanced at her watch.

"You are up in 5 minutes in booth 4. Then me in about 15 minutes in booth 7, and then Sarah at 11 pm. Then after that, you have a few more to do then your scott free at 1 am." She said with a grin, I winked at her.

"Alright. Thanks love." I said as I walked to the booth.

"Oh! Before you go. The person in there specifically asked for you, hopefully, he gives you a lot of cash." She said with a grin,

"Me too!" I replied.

"Have fun!" I heard her yell. I chuckled and entered the private room.

It was a dimly lit room with a small red lamp to create a seductive mood. There was a stillhouse of a guy sitting on the expensive-looking couch, he had a hood on so I couldn't see his face.

"How long?" I asked walking further into the room his back was facing me,

"30 minutes," he replied. I was a little surprised that he requested 30 minutes, the most popular time they request for is 10 minutes.

"Must have cost you a lot." I mused as I placed my hand on his shoulder,

"Yeah, it will. When do we start?"

"In a few. Here are the rules, no touching unless you have a request. No getting naked either. Keep your hands to yourself. Understand?" I questioned in a serious tone. I needed to make this clear because some men like to get too handsy with the dancers. He ended up being shot because he sexually assaulted a woman.

"Yes. I understand." The man looked at me with a smirk. I almost jumped out of my skin when I saw who it was sitting on the couch, it was Ray I smirked and sat on his lap.

"So you didn't disappear." I started with a smirk. He pulled off his hood and gave me a smile,

"No, I didn't. I got busy with work for the past few months and I couldn't see you." He explained in a low tone using his finger to poke my cheek. I grinned,

"My pimp was kinda mad that I wasn't getting your service. But I'm glad you're here." I said getting off his lap and slowly unzipped his jacket, his eyes followed my hand he snapped his eyes back up at me giving me a dark look.

"Me too," he muttered darkly. I grinned and threw his jacket behind the couch. I pressed play on the remote that was on the small table next to the couch, and the bedroom playlist started softly through the speakers. And I started my show.

---

About 30 minutes later and my time was almost up, I had 5 minutes to spare with Ray. I let out a laugh as I trailed my hands down his shirt as the song ended. His face was beaten red. He has so turned on it was hilarious,