A day in my life

My name is Makayla Mitchell im 18years old i have 1 sibling names Messiah and he is 3 weeks old. I live with my mother who is always strung out and my dad died when i was 15. I live in Harlem New York and I'm pretty much a loner.

As I was getting ready for School my Mom came  in the house drunk with her boyfriend for the day. The thing with my mom is shes a hoe probably the biggest hoe i will ever meet she brings a different man in every day of the week and they all leave her upset when they don't give her money and thats when she takes that anger out on me. "MAKAYLA GET YO UGLY ASS DOWN HERE NOW!!!" She yelled
I smacked my teeth and went down there. "Yea ma" i said  "why the fuck my house ain't clean bitch!!" she semi yelled " Mama what are you talkin about the house is always clean maybe if you was here and not out looking for a next fix you wou..... i was cut off by a punch to my face and fell to the floor. It hurt so bad and she hit me so hard and i bruise easily so i knew my face was swollen and red. As I was getting up i heard Messiah start crying. "GO GET THAT GOT DAMN BABY BEFORE I KILL IT" she yelled, when she said that i bolted upstairs to grab him my mother didn't care about us so when she said she would kill him i knew she meant it. As I was holding him he wouldn't calm down and I realized he had just woken up and was hungry and his stuff was downstairs. Im not gone lie im scared as hell to go back downstairs because I don't know what my mom will try to do to us but i went anyways. As i was making his bottle i felt as if i was being watched i looked over my shoulder and unfortunately i was being watched by my moms boyfriend but I wasn't really worried because he was one of my moms regular boyfriends and he never tried anything with me but you never know he might of changed. Anyway I finished making messiahs bottle and fed him. When i looked back up my moms boyfriend was still there but he was giving me a look of sorrow and i hate those looks because people see what happens or happened but don't try to stop it or help. I just put my head down and walked away. After i was done feeding him i finished getting ready and got him ready also. (Baby voice) " hi handsome you ready to go see Ms.Ella aww you look so handsome fat man.. sissy has school today so im gonna take u to Ms.Ella so you can hang with her for a couple hours mr.sweetface. " he started smiling and and laughing all you could see was gums.. "Ouu let sissy get a picture of you mr.sweetface" I took a picture of him and put him in the carseat grabbed his diper bag and left my room. as I was leaving out my room i heard my mom and her boyfriend having sex and I almost threw up 🤮 i hurried and left the house...

I was walking to messiahs day care so i could get him there on time and get myself to school on time. I only do half  days at school because I'm a senior and then i go to work.

3 hours later.......

I just just finished my last class and now im in the bathroom changing into my work clothes... as im leaving the bathroom i see a group of girls coming in and it just so happens to be the girls that always pick on me. Luckily they didn't see me yet so I quickly went back in the stall cut my phone on silent and tried to be as quiet as possible. Its not that im scared but im just not tryna get jumped it's more of them then usual. When monique and her clique came in they were talking about some party I really don't care i just need to get to work.

Minutes later.....

They finally left and i could now be on my way to work or at least thats what I thought cause when i walked out the bathroom monique and her clique were still in the halls and they spotted me " well look what the cat dragged in" she said " Not now monique" i said but she still continued but i just walked away. She wasn't that close so I could get to the office, sign out and go to work.

At work.....

I work for at a barber shop called golden cuts and yes I'm the only female that works here but i have some of the best work in this place. As i walked in the doors everybody greeted me except my boss he looked angry " your late again this is the third time this week" he yelled  " well i am still in school and its a 30 minute walk from my school to here" i responded and he just walked away mumbling stuff i clocked in and got started " i can take who's next" i yelled out this one dude stood up and looked at me as if he was iffy about me but still came over and sat in my chair " uh are you good at cutting and braiding hair" he said " well i don't think i would be here if i wasn't but yes i am.. wanna see some of my work before i start" i said " nah thats fine ima take ya word for it ma" he said i nodded as if he could see me and got started.

2 hours later.....

I was finally done and now taking pictures of the dudes hair. " alright all done" i told him. he looked in the mirror and said " damn ma this shit dope i might have to make you my new stylist"
" well thank you sir told you my work was very good" i said " call me dave" he said " well dave im makayla but you can call me kayla" i said and held out my hand  for a hand shake he looked at it and chuckled a little be for shaking it and saying "nice to meet you ms.kayla" all i did was smile he look at his hair in the mirror one more time and then paid me and walked out the door.

_______________________
✨Its my  first book so i dont really know how i did but leave comments and vote and give feedback.✨