Wake up

When I woke up, I felt like I had slept for years. It was warm and soft and comfortable. I wanted to stay like this forever.

I opened my eyes to the morning sun and looked down. My eyes shot open and I had totally forgotten what had crawled into my bed last night.

He was laying with his head on my chest and his hand holding onto my bare stomach as my shirt had lifted. My hand was around his head and the other was hanging off the side of the bed. The covers were somewhere around my legs. If anybody walked in, it would certainly give the wrong impression. I looked at the clock and it was 9:30.

"Xavier wake up" I whisper yelled. "Xavier" I tapped his head. "Wake up, its late." Silence. Only his steady breathing. "Xavier get up, it's 9:30" he groaned into my chest and smooshed his face into it. Oh my god I could explode.

His head shot up and he looked at me. "It's 9:30?" He said with wide, but sleepy eyes. "Yes" Like I had been trying to tell him.

"Holy shit I had practice at 8" he jumped out of bed and stretched his arms out. He played lacrosse for his schools team, he was one of their star players. "Well, it's already too late, might as well stay." He got back in bed just to torture me.

"Get up before someone walks in" he just laughed, he didn't seem to care.

I got up, grabbed my towel, and went to the bathroom to get ready and shower.

"You better be gone by the time I get out. And don't let anyone see you. Especially not my mom." I turned to him one last time.

I showered his smell off me, even though he smelled great and was warm and mad me feel safe. He was still Xavier. I still wasn't sure why he came to my bed. I think he was lonely. He didn't try anything, much to my surprise. He just held me. I though about why he didn't just sneak in one of his usual bed mates, it didn't make sense to me. One day he was being a total dick, then he wants to sleep in my bed?

When I got out of the shower, I peaked through the door a tiny bit just in case. He was gone. I walked out and started to grab clothes from my dresser. It wasn't very full, but it had the essentials. I looked over at the bed and noticed something, it was perfectly made. The sheets were laid on it and the pillows were in the right place.

I honestly didn't know he even knew how to make a bed. I was surprised, I looked around and saw a note on the dresser. It was on a pink post it he stole from my desk.

It said "you're a great cuddler" I left it there, not even picking it up.

I put on some regular, plain clothes and went to get everyone ready at about 10. When I went to check, they were all sitting at the table in their pajamas eating breakfast.

"Hey guys" I said. I told them they had to go get ready for their activities and they groaned and complained that they'd rather stay in bed all day.

"Where's Xavier?" I asked nonchalantly. Trying not to show interest.

"I'm not sure, he wasn't in his room when I went to wake him up for practice, or just now when I went to give him breakfast. He probably slept over at Noah's" my mom shrugged, he was known for leaving the house at all hours. My mom always tells him he needs to be careful, but he assures her he's fine.

"Oh ok." I continued my daily routine as of nothing had happened last night. He wasn't home all day. Me and baby Taylor picked up Claire and Alex from ballet and soccer practice. My mom got Maddie and Emily from piano and French. And Sarah's friend was dropping her off after robotics. When all the kids were home and mom was making dinner, I didn't really have anything to do. Everyone was accounted for, so I decided to relax a bit.

I watched a movie in my room and just laid around doing nothing. It was good to just do nothing for once. No uniform, no dishes, no kids, just relaxing.

After a little nap, I heard some ruckus in the living room and decided to go see what it was. Xavier was in the living room with some friends. One of them was a girl who I recognized, id seen her in bed with Xavier not too long ago. The boy was one of his lacrosse teammates who id met a couple of times but I doubt he knew who I was.

I tried to walk back up the steps unnoticed, but his friend yelled "Honey? Is that you?" I guess he did remember me.

"Oh hey, Noah, how are you?" I said awkwardly as I walked down the steps to greet him.

"I'm good, it's really nice to see you. I haven't seen you in a while." He chuckled, shyly scratching his neck.

I looked over at Xavier and the girl and she stared at me blankly while Xavier didn't care.

"Oh, um this is Scarlett" he added carelessly. I smiled at her and she smiled back. She was really pretty. 

"Hi, nice to meet you." I said politely.

"Well, I'm gonna head up, nice seeing yo-" I was interrupted by Noah.

"Why don't you stay, we were about to have some drinks." He smiled sweetly and I sensed he didn't want to third wheel. I agreed. He was tall tan and had dirty blonde hair and green eyes. He was pretty cute, so I figure why not. Plus I didn't have anything else to do.

"Um, okay" I smiled back at him, giving him a friendly look.

I sat on the floor in front of the coffee table, next to me was Noah and in front of me was Xavier. Scarlett was next to him, glaring daggers at me.

"Who wants shots?" Xavier announced loudly, pulling out a bottle of patron.

"Meeee!!" Scarlett said with a flirty tone.

He pulled out four glasses and started pouring.

He poured the clear liquid and motioned for all of us to cheers. Xavier held up his glass and we all followed suit. He maintained eye contact with me the entire time. I broke it when I threw my head back and took the shot.

The liquid burned my throat but I didn't let it show.