Safety Precaution

"Mateo, I told you to leave me alone already. I want nothing to do with you. The area had cleared out and there were only a few people around still waiting to get picked up.

"Please Honey, I love you" he yelled at me.

"Leave me alone!" I tried to walk away from him, but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me toward him. "No, Mateo I said no" I pushed him away from me, but he pushed me back.

"I know you miss me, baby. Ain't nobody kissing you like I was" he leaned over me and held both my shoulders tight as I tried to move away. He planted his lips on my neck and cheek and held me down as I squirmed.

"Hey, what the fuck are you doing?!" I heard a voice, finally, where the fuck had he been? Xavier pushed him off me and slammed him against the wall.

He punched Mateo in the stomach, but Mateo kept fighting. They tumbled around a bit as I yelled for Xavier to just leave it. People had started to crowd around and record them. Xavier stood up, and pulled Mateos limp body upright. He held him down and said called my name for me to come over.

"You think forcing yourself on girls is cool?" Xavier yelled in his ear. He looked really mad, his face was red. "You like hurting girls?" He kept hitting.

I walked up to Mateo and Xavier and saw red. The only thing I could think to do was throw hands. I waited till I had the right shot and swung. Mateo dropped to the ground and didn't get up.

I grabbed Xaviers hand and we ran to the car. He had a bloody nose and more bruises, nothing too bad. We sat in silence while he drove out the Parking lot of my school.

"Are you okay?" He asked quietly. I was a bit confused.

"Me? I'm fine. Are you okay?" I looked at him.

"I saw what he was doing to you, it was seriously messed up, I'm sorry." He looked sincere. His eyes were soft and he offered me a small and sympathetic smile.

"Thank you, for coming to pick me up. I don't know what else could have happened" was all I could say.

"Of course, your mom asked, you know I can't tell her no." He smiled

"That was fucking crazy, I can't believe you punched him in the face" he said to me with laughter in his voice.

It was almost like I had forgotten the last 10 minuets.

"Yeah, I can't believe I did either" I said In shock.

I had a few scratches on my neck and a bit of soreness from when we was grabbing me. My only regret was not punching him sooner.

"Do you wanna get froyo?" He asked out of the blue. I nodded my head, froyo was exactly what I needed right now.

"Okay" I smiled.

We pulled up at the spot and when we finished picking out everything we wanted, we sat down. Xavier sat next to me instead of in front of me. He pushed my hair behind my ear to reveal my neck.

His eyes hardened at the sight of what Mateo left. "I should have killed him" he whispered.

"Shh, don't worry, it's over now" I held his face in my hand and made him look me in the eye.

We ate our froyo and drove around for about an hour. The video of the fight had been posted by almost everyone in my school. When we got home, it was almost dark out. We walked in, Xavier was all battered and bruised, on top of the ones he already had.

Both of our moms sat at the dining room table. They had a serious look on their faces and the tone had switched from calm and welcoming to cold and upset.

"Honey, why did I get a call from your school saying you're being expelled?" My eyes went wide and I looked to my side. Xavier had a angry look on his face.

"And you, you're lucky this boys parents aren't pressing charges" Ms.Betty yelled at her son.

"Him? We are the ones who should be pressing charges. Do you even know what happened?!" He yelled back.

He pulled my hair away from my neck and revealed it to them. I also had small purple spots on my shoulders and one on my chest. My brown skin tone showcased the marks well.

"He was forcing himself on her! Right in front of the school and nobody did anything. Did you think we were just going to walk away?!" He continued yelling. My eyes watered and my mom gasped. Ms. Betty had a sorry look in her eyes and both of the women came over to me and sat me down. My mom was crying and she got a warm washcloth and wiped the scratches. She kissed me on the cheek and told me she was happy I was alright.

"I'm fine, Xavier took the punches, not me." My mom was already tilting his head back and checking his nose. She was so over protective of him sometimes. I swear she secretly wanted a boy. She hugged him and thanked his for defending me kissing his cheek and forehead.

"Well, I don't want Honey going back to that school if it's not safe." Ms. Betty added.

"I can't miss class" I said

"Why don't we get her enrolled in St.Augustines? Xavier goes there and he loves it." She said like she had just cracked the code.
My mom had a worried look on her face, but agreed.

I looked at them in horror "Catholic school?!"