The end

The ringing of my phone woke me up. I patted my pocket and saw who was calling.

"Ms.Betty?" I spoke into the phone.

"Honey, can we talk?" she said sadly.

She told me that when the police asked, she told them everything. She told me that Mr.Callahan isn't allowed to see the kids anymore. She was crying but she sounded oddly happy. I told her she needed to come see Xavier.

"Honey I'm so sorry about everything. That night was so horrible." She apologized.

"Don't worry about that" I told her.

"I want you to come see him" I said. "He misses you"

When I went back to the couch, Xavier was awake and looking up at me.

"Who was that?" He questioned.

"Your mom" I said solemnly

"What happened, is everything ok?" He stood up.

"Yeah, she's going to come see you later. You guys need to talk." I told him.

"I don't want to talk to her until she-"

"She did" I cut him off. "She told them everything."

"What?" He looked confused.

"She's on her way here now." I said.

My mom took the girls to get ice cream so they wouldn't over hear. He brushed his teeth and got dressed. By the time he was ready, his mom was here.

She waited in the kitchen for him to come down. She didn't see the girls because she wanted to talk to him first.

"Are you ready?" I asked him

"Can you come with me?" He asked me.

We walked down the stairs hand in hand. His mom was sitting at the table. He head was low and it looked like she hadn't slept in days. The guilt was eating her from the inside out and you could tell she wasn't doing well.

"Xavier" she said standing up

"Hi, mom" his eyes softened. His good nature taking Over him.

"I'm so sorry." She broke down in front of us.

"I'm sorry you had to grown up so quick" her hands were shaking. "I'm sorry I wasn't there to watch you grow up"

"I'm sorry I let him hurt you" her voice cracked.

"Mom, stop!" he yelled 

"I'm sorry I wasn't strong enough to stop him" she cried.

He shook his head and fought back tears.

"I'm sorry I let it go this far."

"It's not your fault, mom" he cried. "You didn't deserve it either. I know it was hard for you."

"I'm sorry for everything" she frowned.

He hugged her tight and they cried in each other's arms.

"Mom, I'm sorry for what I said" he didn't let go. "I didn't mean it, I was just hurt"

"I'm still hurt. And it's going to take me a while to be okay. But I love you" he said to her

"I love you, too" she cried into his shoulder.

"How did you become so amazing?" She asked.

I was happy that he was getting the healing he deserved. I could see that he wanted a relationship with his mother. He was naturally a lover, it was hard for him to stay mad at people.

Ms.Betty went to say hi to the girls and they were happy to see her.

My mom and Ms.Betty went back to the Callahans house to get her clothes. We decided that we would stay with us in the blue house for a while.

It wasn't much, it had a rusty doorknob and chipped paint, and the windows were drafty, but it was home for now.

The girls would go to a local public school and so would Xavier and I. Ms.Betty stayed home from work while she finalized the divorce.

Xavier attended therapy, and It was helping him get better. He was less anxious and it was easier for him to communicate his feelings.

We had our ups and downs, and even more ups. The house was chaotic and loud almost all the time. There were people everywhere and you never had a moment alone. But that was the way I liked it.

They were all I ever needed.

Mamá, Taylor, Maddie, Emily, Claire, Alex, Sarah, and even Ms. Betty.

And of course my baby, Xavier. The love of my life. My soulmate. I knew that we would have each other forever. No matter what.

My family was perfect the way it was, and even though we were a mess, we made it work.

In the end, it didn't turn out the way I expected, but I stayed  hopeful.

Hopeful for the future.

^^^^^^^^^^^
I can't believe I'm done 🥺🥺
Thank you for reading and supporting. You guys are the best. You all mean the world to me. I love all your comments and read every one.
Stay safe.

You Rock.

Love, greenbitch18