First day

We woke up in the morning in the same position we left off in. He was laying his head on my chest.

"Move your big ass head, we have school" I said out loud.

I got out of bed and looked at myself in the mirror. I was bare chested and I had marks all over my breasts and neck.

"Good morning" he groaned from my bed. I covered my boobs with my hand reached for a shirt.

"Ohh, now you wanna act all shy" I rolled my eyes at him and laughed, pulling my shirt on.

He was quiet for a while, just watching me and it looked like he was in deep thought. Sometimes when everything felt just right, he would just shut down. It was like a switch in him was flipped and he just changed. I figured he was probably nervous about going to school with me. I was too.

I woke everyone up, and got the youngest ones ready for school.

When I got out the shower I looked at the uniform that was laid out on the bed. I was a bit nervous, but I put it on. The skirt was pretty short, and I figured that whoever designed it must've been some sort of pervert.

I left my natural hair out and just did light makeup, the uniform looked weird on me, and I felt really uncomfortable.

I jogged down the steps and looked around at the empty living room.

"Adonde están todos?" I asked my mom
(Where is everyone)

"They left already, Xavier told me you wanted to go to school by yourself the first day." She responded nonchalantly.

"Huh? Mom, what are you talking about?" She had to be joking.

"They left like 10 minutes ago Mija."

Why would he do that, I could never tell when we were on good terms with or not. Did he regret last night?

I ubered to school and ended up being about 10 minutes late. I didn't get in trouble since it was my first day, and I had to go to the main office to pick up my schedule. When I walked in, the unfamiliar halls were cold and made eye contact with strangers.

Anatomy
Theology
Government
Calculus
AP composition
P.E
Art

I walked to my anatomy class, I was about 25 minutes late at this point, and I was a bit nervous. When I arrived to the door, I knocked twice and walked in.

As soon as I entered, the teacher turned the classes attention to me. He picked up his class retainer and read something off.

"Class, this is Honey, she'll be joining us for the remainder of the school year." They looked at me confused, but no one said anything.

"What kind of name is Honey?" I heard someone whisper. But that was it.

The teacher pointed me to an empty seat. He gave me a textbook and continued the class.

I opened to the page, but wasn't reading, I looked around to see everyone.

They mostly all looked alike, variations of brown and blonde hair with blue or light brown eyes to match. Pale skin and freckles on a few. All the girls were very pretty and they all seemed to be close. They boys were pretty much the same.

I made eye contact with a few, who I'd caught staring. I assumed there weren't many girls who looked like me here.

I hated it here, the uniform was the worst part. The skirt was tight around my butt and left little to the imagination. I don't think the uniform was meant for figures like mine.

I went through the day quietly and I avoided talking in general. In my third period I saw a familiar face. Noah.

I walked into class a few minutes early, and he was already there. He was with a group of students who all seemed interested in what he had to say.

Here, Noah was the confident and popular kid, but outside of school he was quiet and a bit nerdy. 

He didn't see me at first, and I was a bit glad, but when he did, he called out "Honey!"

I turned back slowly and smiled at him, trying to avoid eye contact with the others. I quietly tried to sit down in an empty seat, but he called me again.

"Honey, why don't you come over here" I walked over reluctantly and instantly regretted it.

Noah seemed to be the only one excited to see me. The rest of them just gave me a weird and confused look.

"This is Tyler, Mikey, Andrew, Thomas, Rebecca, and Ashlynn."

"Cool, nice to meet you guys, I'm Honey." I smiled at them and they smiled back.

"I like your hair" Rebecca said. "I wish my hair could get curly like that"

We chatted about hair for a little and she was sweet to me.

Noah moved his arm over my shoulder nonchalantly. He looked down at me and smiled. Before I knew it Noah was calling another name.

"Xavier, Waddup!" Xavier walked over to us and I squirmed under Noah's arm, trying to get out.

"Hey guys" he said calmly, not addressing anyone in particular.

"I was just introducing everyone to Honey" Noah said to Xavier

"Cool" he said indifferently.

Rebecca put her hand on his torso "hey there" she gave him flirty eyes and he gave them back.

"I missed you" he said to her. He knew I was watching the whole time.

"What are you doing after school? Wanna hang?" I heard her ask.

I knew he had promised Alex they would play soccer together after school. She was really excited.

"I can't" he said. I smiled to myself. "Family thing" she frowned.

"Maybe next time." She smiled at him.

When everyone else had sat down and it was just Xavier an I I looked up at him and asked "what's wrong?"

"Listen, can we not talk at all here, like in school." He avoided eye contact and walked to his seat.

I was dumbfounded and in that moment I was frozen. At first I thought I was going to start crying, but rage took over silently. Before I could do anything, the teacher called me to the front

The teacher introduced me, the class was mostly quiet but I got a few snickers.

I looked around and made eye contact with Xavier. Some girl was whispering in his ear and he was laughing.

I was seated two seats behind them and I heard them talking the whole time.

He was weird and standoffish the rest of the day. I wasn't sure why, but I could help but feel like I didn't belong.