Little Honey Pot

I woke up with my head pounding, I didn't regret what happened last night, but I definitely shouldn't have drank as much. I also had to clean the whole house because Mr. and Mrs. Callahan got back from their business trip tomorrow night.

I avoided leaving my room until it was almost noon. When I did, I checked on all the girls. I told Claire I would braid her hair today, so I sat her in between my legs on the couch and got to work.

"Ouch!" She wiggled in the chair, making it worse.

"Just sit still, I'm almost done" she groaned and winced until I finished about 15 minutes later.

"Wow, those look good. Can you do mine next?" I heard a deep voice call from the door. I looked up and couldn't help the smile that appeared on my face. Xavier looked back at with a smug look. Claire ran off to show her braids to her sisters.

He sat down next to me but didn't say anything. "Why were you being so weird last night?" I asked, not making eye contact.

"Me? You're the one who made out with my best friend." I looked at him with an annoyed expression.

"You're upset I kissed Noah?" He didn't respond. "Well to be honest I didn't think you would notice because you were a little busy yourself." I snapped.

"Ohh, I get it now. You're jealous of Scarlett" he looked at me with his signature smug look.

"Why the fuck would I be jealous of her? I. Don't. Like. You." I yelled back

"Really? Sounds like you're trying to convince yourself, babe" he yelled right back

"Don't call me that" I argued

"Why? Does it get you all excited" he smirked

"I hate you" I stared at him with anger

"Don't lie to yourself" he snapped back.

I walked away without another word. What gave him the right to be so arrogant and self centered?

Xavier went out all day and didn't return until night. It was hard not to think of him while I was folding his clothes and washing his lacrosse uniform.

I threw myself into my chores this afternoon and completed them all before 8. I was confused when I heard the front door open and saw the Callahans in the living room. They were a day early and they took us all by surprise.

The girls where so excited, they ran up to hug their mom and dad, but Xavier stayed behind.

His father gave him a stern look and said "don't be disrespectful, Xavier. Hug your mother."

The mood in the room quickly changed. That happened whenever Mr.Callahan was in a bad mood, his temper was scary. Often times Xavier would take the brunt of it.

"Girls, go to your rooms" the room fell silent but none of them moved. "NOW" they shuffled one behind the other upstairs and shut the doors. That was mine and Mami's que to exit. We walked to the kitchen, but I stayed behind to peak through the door.

"Whats wrong with you?" His father spat coldly.

"Why did you two leave your kids behind without warning and not even call? For the third time this month. I don't think Taylor knows the difference between you and the gardener." Xavier glared at him, unfeelingly.

A sudden punch shook me out of my thoughts. I watched with wide eyes from the tiny crack in the door. I couldn't see much, other than the drops of blood as the splattered over the coffee table.

"Everything we do is for you!" He broke the silence, I flinched, he hit him again. Xavier was quiet now, and I heard him fall on the ground.

"Everything!" Again.

"I hate you" Xavier mustered up the strength to whisper.

A sudden sobbing erupted in the room. Ms.Betty was begging him to let it go but he just wouldn't. I heard Xavier groan in pain each time.

He passed out on the floor and his father just walked away, up to his bedroom. His mom held his limp body and cried.

"My beautiful boy" she sobbed over him. "I'm sorry I'm not strong enough to help you" she cried until he woke up and she helped him to his room as he struggled. This was a downside to a huge house like this one, too many stairs.

I laid in bed a few hours later and just cried. No matter how much I told myself it was going to be ok, I couldn't believe it.

At around 1 in the morning. I was woken up by the floorboards of my bedroom creaking. I jumped up. "Who's there?" I whispered out, even though I knew who it was.

"It's only me" Xavier crawled into the bed. I heard him wince as he was adjusting himself. I had seen what went down with his father earlier but I didn't want him to know.

"Are you okay?" I asked worried. When he was quiet, I sat up in bed and turned on the bedside lamp. I turned to him to get a good look. "What happened?" He looked terrible.

The boy who laid in my bed now was bruised and beaten and dozing off into sleep. He had a small cut on his cheek, along with a black and blue.. His chin was bruised, and his eyes looked vacant. He still somehow looked like a dream.

He was holding on to a spot on his ribs. I lifted his shirt and gasped. There was a huge black and blue area by his ribs that looked really bad. His face scrunched in pain, and it broke my heart to see. His usual confidence and Witt were gone and a shell of him was left.

His relationship with his parents was almost nonexistent. It was harder for sin since he was the eldest. He was the one of the only ones who saw their faults. You could tell it hurt him even though he tried to act tough.

"Xavier, are you okay?" I whispered. He smiled kind of sleepily.

"I'll be okay, little honey pot. Let's go to sleep now" he pulled me to his chest and I laid my head down.

I wrapped us in the blanket and made sure to hold him real tight.