Tonight

Movers were in and out all morning. People came to set up tables, center pieces, and the bar. Mamá had been cooking and decorating all day.

In the shower, I couldn't help but think about Xavier, and if he was being completely honest with me.

In all of our past conversations he'd told me that he never had anything serious with any girls from school and that they'd all been flings. After having sex with him, I finally understood the appeal. He was the perfect mix of rough and gentle. I was glad he was my first, but a small part of me felt like I was sharing him.

I put on a comfortable outfit to go run some errands for the Callahans. I grabbed the keys to one of the cars and was about to leave.

"Honey, where are you off to?" I sighed when I realized who's voice it was. I was a bit uneasy from this morning.

"To run some errands" I said simply. Turning around as to not make eye contact with him.

He noticed as soon as I started walking away and he chased after me. "Woah, whats going on?" He had a worried look on his face.

"Are you nervous for tonight?" He grabbed me by the waist and laid one rough hand on my cheek.

"No, I'm okay" I smiled, trying to assure him.

"How do you feel?" He asked, referring to us having sex just a few hours ago. The look he gave me told me that he was concerned.

"Good, a bit sore, but good" I laughed awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, baby, let me make it up to you when you get back." He gave me a smile that made me forget everything.

Well, not everything.

"Why was Scarlett calling you this morning?" I asked out of the blue, pulling away from him.

"What?" He looked confused.

I didn't say anything, I just looked at him, waiting for a response.

"I don't know, okay? I haven't spoken to her since the last time she was here." He said defensively.

"Are you sure?" I said with a cold tone.

"Honey" he sighed.

"I believe you, but I don't want to look like an idiot, Xavier." I whisper yelled.

"I only said it was coach because I didn't want you to worry." He moved closer to me again.

"So you have no idea why she would be calling?" I asked one last time.

He shook his head "she's probably mad that I've been ignoring her." His blue eyes were soft and sincere.

"Okay, but if she keeps calling, I'm going to answer." I said in a playful tone.

He nodded his head. "Deal" he kissed my mouth over and over.

"Wait for me, I'm driving" he yelled as he ran back up the stair case.

I acted annoyed but I was happy because I didn't want to go alone. "Hurry up!" I called after him.

I put the keys back on the hook because I knew he'd be driving his Jeep.

As we were driving down the highway to the dry cleaners, we talked about how we were going to tell our parents.

"We have to tell your mom first" he said to me.

"What? Why?" I questioned.

"Because, she'd be totally happy." He smirked.

"How do you know that?" I asked.

"Because she loves me, I've always been the favorite." He smirked.

"Yeah right." I chuckled. He was right. My mom loved him to pieces and she's be totally  stoked find out we were dating.

"It's your parents I'm worried about." I looked out the window.

"What's the worst they can say?" He looked me in the eye and I gave him a worried look.

"Besides, my mom already loves you like a daughter." He stared happily.

"Yeah, not a daughter in law." I added

"Eh, that's just a technicality" he shrugged it off.

The more we talked the more nervous I got. I really was not prepared for this.

"Xavier, what about your dad?" I knew from the start I would never be fully accepted, but his dad was ruthless and would not hesitate to take drastic measures.

"I don't care what he has to say. He's a piece of shit." Xavier Spat.

"Any man that could lay a hand on his son is no father." He said sadly.

I thought about what was in store for us and I decided that if we could make it past tonight, we could make it past anything.

I reached my hand out and he took it. I squeezed it softly.