•TWO•

Both the omegas took a deep breath before walking up to the Alpha's assistant

"E-excuse me?" Isabella looked at the blonde assistant who was busy typing  on the computer.

"What?" The assistant snapped, making Isabella flinch.

"W-we are here to m-meet the alpha." Isabella mumbled, her throat suddenly feeling dry.

The assistant sniggered as she looked at the two nervous omegas in front of her.

What work could they have with the Alpha?

"The Alpha is not here right now and even if he was, he wouldn't have the time to meet two pathetic omegas." The assistant taunted, as she leaned back on her chair.

"Now scram!" She shouted, realizing that both the omegas were staring at her, bewildered.

Sam clenched his small fists but didn't say anything, feeling overwhelmed by pheromones of the higher ranking males in the pack house.

"Let's go." Sam mumbled and pulled Isabella with him, who followed without by objections.

"She was rude." Isabella said, upset by the assistant's rude remarks.

"That would be an understatement." Sam scoffed.

Sam then turned around and saw Beta Alec, walking in their direction.

The beta's chiseled jaw was clenched as he barked orders at whoever was on the phone. Sam stood there dumbfounded, observing how the Beta's golden hair shined in the daylight.

"Sam," Isabella pulled on his sleeve, her voice hushed,"you are staring!"

"W-what?" Sam blinked as he looked at Isabella.

"You were staring at Beta Alec." She whispered, moving out of the Beta's path.

"N-no," Sam cleared his throat "I wasn't."

And then he again turned to look at the Beta and felt his heartbeat quicken as he watched him roll up the sleeves of his white shirt, his toned muscles now on display.

"Sam!" Isabella remarked as she covered his eyes with her small hands. "Don't stare. W-what if he gets angry?"

"H-huh? I wasn't staring..." Sam murmured and removed Isabella's small hands that were covering his hazel eyes.

"Are you alright?" Isabella asked, concerned.

"Yeah." Sam replied, his voice hazy. "Let's go to my house."

They kept talking amongst themselves on their way to Sam's house, Beta Alec now completely forgotten by Sam when Isabella's phone rang.

"Hello." Isabella replied, her voice polite.