•TWELVE•

[Sam]

Sam had been walking around aimlessly in the forest for the last sixty minutes and now he found himself lost in it

Sam had been walking around aimlessly in the forest for the last sixty minutes and now he found himself lost in it. As an untrained omega, his werewolf reflexes weren't helpful either.

The sun had set, convering the dense forest with a blanket of darkness.

Sam's hazel eyes looked around the unfamiliar surrounding making his heart constrict in panic. A small whimper bubbled from his lips when a pair of red eyes flashed through the forest.

"Sam." A husky voice called out, from behind him making the small boy jump in surprise.

Sam turned around and was relieved to find Alec though the Beta didn't look happy. Alec stared at Sam with narrowed eyes and folded arms.

"What are you doing here?" Alec asked.

"I-I'm lost." Sam mumbled, his heart beating rapidly.

"How careless can you be?" Alec asked, his voice harsh. "You are just half a kilometer away from crossing the pack boundary line."

"I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't know." Sam blinked back the tears.

Alec heaved a sigh before saying, "Follow me."

The small boy nodded his head and obediently followed the Beta.

"S-so what were you doing here?" Sam asked.

"Patrol."

Sam frowned as he peeked a glance at the Beta. He didn't appear to be the usual, laid back Alec that Sam was used, instead this Alec was cold and serious.

"A-are you mad?" Sam asked after a while.

"No."

"Then why you so serious?" Sam asked with a pout making Alec look at him briefly.

"I'm on duty." Alec.

"Oh, Beta duties?"

"Mhm."

Sam nodded his head and then decided to shut his mouth because this Alec was extremely intimidating.

"We are here." Alec said after a while, stopping in front of the pack house. "Do you know the way to your house from here?"

"Of course, I do." Sam grumbled.

"Good." Alec replied before walking inside the pack house, leaving Sam all alone.

"W-wait!" Sam shouted just as Alec was about to open the pack house's door.

"What?" Asked the Beta as he looked at Sam with a bored expression.

"T-thank you for helping me." Sam said, his voice suddenly shy.

The Beta just gave him a quick nod before closing the door behind him.