•FOUR•

[Isabella]

Isabella took a deep breath before knocking on the door and waited patiently for her aunt to open up but got no response from the other side

Isabella took a deep breath before knocking on the door and waited patiently for her aunt to open up but got no response from the other side. She knocked again after a few minutes but got no response again. Isabella then rattled the doorknob and to her surprise, the door opened.

The house was dark inside with no lights switched on. The brunette walked into the living room and a small scream left her lips when she saw a man sitting on the sofa, in complete darkness.

"I-I'm so sorry." Isabella quickly apologized. "I-I thought that no one was home." Isabella could make out from the man's scent that he was human.

The drunken man looked up to find Isabella and a sinister smile graced his face. A shiver ran down Isabella's spine when she saw the malicious glint in the man's eyes, making her take a few steps back.

"Where do you think you are going?" The man slurred out, getting up from the couch but with great difficulty.

Isabella made a dash for the door while the drunken man tried to get steady on his feet.

Not knowing what to do or where to go,  Isabella's legs automatically took her to her mate's mansion. After running for atleast twenty minutes, she finally reached her destination. Her mate's mansion was as intimidating as her mate making Isabella hesitate before softly knocking on the door.

The door was opened by an omega, dressed in a maid's uniform. "How can I help you?"

"I-I'm here to see the Alpha." Isabella replied, still out of breath.

"I don't think-"

"I'm his mate." Isabella quickly interrupted. She was desperate to see Lorenzo.

"O-oh well..." The maid looked up and down at Isabella making her let out a small sigh.

"Please just let me in." Isabella pleaded.

"The Alpha is not home." The maid replied, still not moving out of Isabella's way.

"Oh." Isabella said with slumped shoulders. She didn't say anything further and turned around to walk away.

She now again stood at the front door of her aunt's house.

'Maybe he's gone.' she thought before turning the doorknob and stepping inside.

She slowly walked inside, trying her best to not make any sounds but then she tripped over the carpet and fell down with a thud.