Chapter 6

The two met at the company's comfort room for trainees. Yuri was nervous for her first monthly evaluation that she ended up practicing even while peeing.

Yena on the other hand just had her break from dance class of learning her debut song's choreo. Yena heard Yuri sing, from the start of the song upto the end. She was, how do you call it?

In love at first hear.

From that she knew she need to know whose voice does that belong to. And when the stall opened, there she saw Jo Yuri.

The girl has the nervous look on her face. She got shy when she saw Yena outside the stall, washing her hands.

"Uhm, sorry." Yuri apologised. That made Yena confused. "What are you sorry for?"

"I kind of caused you some noise pollution earlier. I was just nervous." Yuri lowered her head when she said that. "For the monthly evaluation?" Yena asked.

"Yeah." Then Yuri noticed something. "Why aren't you nervous. Or maybe, why don't you look nervous?" Yuri asked Yena.

"Oh, I'm kind of out of the training program." Yena answered her while scratching the back of her neck.

"I'm sorry." Yuri apologises once again. "What are you sorry for now?" Yena asked.

"You were kicked out of the company, I'm sorry for not being sensitive." Yuri bowed at Yena.

"Oh no, no. I'm uhm... in the process of debuting? I just got out of the training programa last week. I'm Choi Yena." Yena introduced herself.

Yuri couldn't believe herself. She made herself a huge joke to the company's most famous trainee. "I'm sorry, Choi Yena sunbaenim. I just got here last month. I'm sorry for not recognising you." Yuri bowed again, but this time, a little lower.

"What? No. It's fine. I was just a trainee just like you. No need to be sorry for not recognising me. And don't call me sunbaenim. It doesn't suit me." Yena told Yuri.

"Okay. Sorry, Choi Yena sunbae...nim." It was too late when Yuri realized that she called Yena sunbaenim again.

"You're cute."

"Huh?" Shocked was an understatement for Yuri. She just got called cute by Choi Yena.

"I said you're cute."

"I uhm, heard it. I was just s-shy." Yuri answered and tried to hide her face. She's sure that she is as red as a tomato right that moment.

"Don't be shy. It's true." Yena said softly. Yena looked at her watch.

"Anyways, you should get back to the training room. The evaluation will start in a few minutes. See you soon, cutie." Yena said before passing by Yuri and tapped her head before walking out of the comfort room.

After that day, the two unintentionally always meet at the comfort room atleast once a day. It's like it became their thing.

Weeks passed, they exchanged phone numbers already. But Jo Yuri's name is still a mystery for Yena. They never get to the point where Yuri would introduce herself. Either Yena will realize that her break has passed or other trainees would enter the comfort room.

But this time, Yuri wouldn't let that happen.

When she entered the comfort room and saw Yena there, drying her hands with a tissue paper, she quickly approached her.

"Hi. I'm Jo Yuri. Please stop calling me cutie anymore." Yuri said and offered her hand.

"Perhaps I can call you mine?" that made Yuri blush. "Hey I'm kidding." Yena laughed after.

Those little moments inside the company's comfort room turned into little dates outside.

Even when in the process of debuting, Yena still finds time to take Yuri on little dates even for a short amount of time.

Up until Yena debuted on the second week of December.

But no, they aren't together. They haven't even confessed to each other yet. But they know how each other feels.

Until the Christmas eve.

Yuri was working hard for her self written song that she's planning to perform on the monthly evaluation next year. But she knows that she's not going to finish it on time if she will go back to Busan early.

Jo Yuri decided to just go home at Christmas eve and worked on her song for the days that she’s supposed to be home. But luck is not on her side.

By the time she arrived at the KTX terminal, the KTX going to busan already stopped an hour ago. They stopped early for the sake of their employees. That made Yuri teared up.

She doesn't know how to go home aside from KTX. She called Yena to tell her her misfortune. Minutes later, Yena arrived at the KTX Terminal with her father.

"Hey. Don't cry." Yena said as she hugged Yuri. "Why don't I? I don't know how to go home anymore." Yuri bawled her eyes out.

"That's why I'm here." Yuri stopped crying for awhile. "What do you mean?" She asked.

"I kinda told my father about this. He offered to drive you back to Busan." Yena said. That made Yuri smile so wide.

"Are you serious?" Yuri asked Yena, still smiling. "Yes, I am." Yena answered.

"Oh gosh, I love you, Yena." Yuri said brought by her happiness. When she saw Yena freeze, that's when she realized what she just said.

"Uhm, so where's your father?" Yuri asked between the awkward silence. Yena just pointed the car not too far away.

The ride to Busan was awkward. If it weren't for Yena's father for actually trying to start a conversation, they might have been quiet the whole ride.

When they arrived infront of Yuri's house, Yena's father told her daughter to walk Yuri until the gate. Yena doesn't have a choice.

Even the walk to the gate was awkward. Everything is.

When Yuri was supposed to enter the gate, she stopped and looked back to Yena. Yena was still infront of their gate, waiting for Yuri to get inside.

"So uhm. About earlier. I mean it. I mean it when I said I love you. Look, Yena unnie. I know that you are going to debut soon but i--" Yuri's rambling was cut off by Yena.

"I love you too." Yena confessed. Both of them just smiled.

Yena's father must have had gone tired of waiting, he decided to press the horn. "Oh, I gotta go. Enjoy your Christmas. I'll just see you next year." Yena said and started walking towards their car.

"Yena unnie, wait." That stopped Yena from walking. When she looked back at Yuri, she felt soft lips pressed on hers.

There goes their first kiss.

"Have a merry Christmas. I love you." Yuri said before running inside their house.

Yena doesn't have the chance to reply so when she entered their car, she texted Yuri.

I love you too.