Chapter 9

December 23, 2019

That's what it says when Yena looked at her phone.

2 days before Christmas and a day before their anniversary.

Yena managed to find time to buy presents for her family, friends and even Yuri.

Speaking of which, Yena and her friends, Yujin, Hyewon and Chayeon of KwonChae, decided to have a little Christmas party for them. What excites Yena is that Yujin decided to imvite Wonyoung and her group. That means she'll be with Yuri the whole day.

Lee Chayeon, 1/2 of the KPop duo, KwonChae, is a long time friend of Yena. She and Yena joined Off the Record at the same time. Chaeyeon left after 6 months because she felt like there's no future of her in that company.

She entered WM Entertainment after and she debuted in KwonChae with her girlfriend, Kwon Eunbi. Originally, the duo was just supposed to be a one year duo. It was only a debut project from their companies, Woollim and WM. The two companies tried of the duo would be a hit and it did. That made them to change their contract from 1 year to 5 years. The duo has been in the industry for 3 years now.

Yujin welcomed Yena inside her apartment. She saw paperbags in Yena's hands. "Oooh, she got a gift for me." Yujin teased Yena. Yena just rolled her eyes on Yujin's antics.

"Very new of you to arrive early. Is my bestfriend Yena nervous about Yuri being here later?" Yujin gave Yena a teasing look. "Can you not? I just want to help you preparing for a little while." Yena answered.

"Sure. Sure. Let's both believe that." Yujin said before going back to her kitchen. "You cooked?" Yena asked wehn she followed Yujin. "Nah. Just ordered. We both know that I'll end up burning my kitchen if I did." The two laughed at Yujin's statement.

Their laughs was interrupted by Yujin's doorbell. "I got it, Yujin-ah. Just get these foods ready." Yena said.

Yena walked towards Yujin's front door. Expecting Hyewon behind the door, she was shocked when she saw Yuri with her members.

She wasn't expecting them to arrive early. "Oh--, Choi Yena sunbaenim. Annyeonghaseyo." The group bowed to her. She returned a smile to them before gesturing for them to come in.

"Yujin is in the kitchen, Wonyoung-ssi." Yena said when she saw Wonyoung looking around Yujin apartment. "Ah. Thank you, sunbaenim." Wonyoung once again bowed to her.

"Stop calling me sunbaenim. You can just call me Yena unnie. Why be respectful when your girlfriend doesn't even respect me." Yena joked hoping that Yujin did not heard what she said. To her dismay, Yujin heard it. "Yah, Yena unnie!" A grumpy Yujin came out of the kitchen.

"What?" she asked Yujin. "How dare you say that? I respect you, okay. Just... Not so much." Yujin ended up scratching her nape. They heard laughs that made the bestfriends look where that came from.

They saw the other three members, Chaewon, Nako and Yuri, laughing at them. "Oh, sorry sunbaenims." Chaewon apologised when she realized what they did.

"Oh, no no. It's fine. You three can just also call me Yena unnie. Well, except if you want to call me other names." Yena ended her statement with a glance on Yuri.

Yuri figured what Yena meant.

After they became a couple, she stopped calling Yena as unnie. Perhaps, she started calling her babe or baby. But it's often babe because she prefers Yena calling her baby.

"Ah, no sunbaenim. We'll start calling you Yena unnie from now on." Chaewon said.

"Yeah, Yena unnie." Yuri agreed.

Yena let out a chuckle. Yuri gave her a a look.

"Don't mind Yena unnie. She's just awkward that Yuri is here." Yujin said that earned her a smack from Yena.

"Can you make your girlfriend behave, Wonyoung?" Yena told Wonyoung. The rest just laughed.

"Ah right. We're very sorry for setting you up with Yuri. But I just want to clarify that I am not involved in any of those. That's just pure Chaewon unnie and Wonyoungie." Nako said that made Yena laugh.

"Okay, Nako-ssi. I'll keep that in mind. You won't be in my hate list." Yena joked.

"Wait does Yuri knew about that date?" Yujin asked.

"That's Yuri unnie for you, Yudings." Wonyoung told Yujin. "Oh, so you're older than me. Sorry, Yuri unnie. I didn't know." Yujin apologised. "That's fine, Yujin-ssi." Yuri smiled.

Yujin's front door opened and they saw Hyewon with Chaeyeon and Eunbi. Hyewon finds Yuri and smiled at her when they made eye contact. "Chaeyeon unnie!" Yujin run towards Chaeyeon to hug her.

It been awhile since they saw Chaeyeon. The duo became busy because of their tour.

"Eunbi unnie. Didn't know I would see you here." Chaewon said. "Chaeyeon's friends with Yena and Yujin. This is like their tradition every year. I have been attending their little tradition for 3 years now. I can say, I am not expecting you here. I mean, Wonyoung's given but not you and the others."Eunbi replied.

"Oh yeah, Yujin invited us." Chaewon said and hugged Eunbi.

Yena on the hand went to Hyewon to take the paperbags in her hands. "Hey, Yena. Hyewon brought someone and that someone brought someone too. You know them both too well." Chaeyeon said.

"Hyewon? Kwangbae? Who did you bring?" Yena asked Hyewon.

Just then, a knock was heard.

Hyewon opened the door and there stand two figures.

"Kkura unnie? Hitomi?" Yena exclaimed.

Miyawaki Sakura and Honda Hitomi. Both are former trainees in Yena's label at the same time as her and Chaeyeon. Ever since Chaeyeon left, the two felt discouraged. Chaeyeon was their mother figure. Chaeyeon was the only one who's fluent in Japanese. Chaeyeon living makes the training process hard for them.

Both of them left at the same time. Sakura and Hitomi came back to Japan. Sakura pursued modeling while Hitomi became a choreographer in Japan.

"Wait, Kwangbae. How did you knew Kkura unnie?" Yena asked Hyewon.

"We met at Japan when I was there for a whole week. We exchanged numbers and then last week, she came here in Korea. With Hitomi-chan. She said she knows you so I invited her and Hitomi." Hyewon said.

Behind hugs and cheers, one person stayed quiet and uncomfortable.

Yuri heard her say," Hiichan."