Chapter 13

6 A. M., January 1, 2020

Running, Yena entered their company. Her manager was far behind her. Yena was sleeping peacefully beside Yuri when she received a call from their CEO.

It was nerve-racking. Their CEO never calls them on mornings, they don't even receive calls from her often.

When you received a call from their CEO, it is just two things: to congratulate you or you have done something wrong. This time, Yena feels like it's the latter.

When she arrived at their CEO's floor, the atmosphere was heavy. She opened the office door only to see their CEO sitting on her swivel chair.

"Good morning, Yena." Their CEO gretted her. Yena gulped before replying. "G-Goodmorning." Yena then bowed after her greeting.

"I don't want to see you here today, Yena. But I'm afraid that I need to." Lee Sunmi spoke firmly. Yena only had to keep her head low.

Lee Sunmi has nothing but only a few rules stated in their contracts. To name a few:
1. The artist should never get a tattoo or any form of art without the consent of the company.
2. The artist should never get plastic surgery within the contract.
3. Driving in their first year as an artist is prohibited. The artist should only be able to have their car and drive after their first year.

Yena gulped trying to remember what she infringed.

Nothing.

Dating is not prohibited in their company because Sunmi believed that everyone has the freedom to love. Sunmi is a CEO with heart and mind. She knows what's good for her artists and what's bad. But she doesn't limit them to do what they want. Because for her, aside than being an idol, they are still their own person at the end of the day.

"Yena, have you seen what Dispatch released?" Sunmi asked. Yena looked up, "N-Not yet, sajangnim."

"How many times do I have to tell you to just call me unnie? After you debut, I told you to treat me as your sister because we will be together on your ups and downs as long as you are under my company." Sunmi said.

"Yes, unnie." Yena awkwardly said. "Now, back to my question. Why haven't you see what Dispatch released?"

"I don't really like opening my SNS, I just think that they are a nuisance." Yena answered. Sunmi only nodded. "W-Why are you asking, unnie?"

"Dispatch hasn't released anything yet. They haven't releasd any couple as of this hour yet." Yena had another gulp when she heard what Sunmi said.

"And they sent me these earlier. It was from my email and I had it printed." Sunmi handed her papers. Yena started scanning the papers and got shocked when she realized what it was.

It was them, Yuri and her, during their anniversary. It was taken when they were sitting on her car's hood. She flipped the page to see what's in the next one.

She was more shocked when she saw the next one. It was still them, in the same setting, this time, kissing.

She was afraid to see what the next photos are so she moved it away from her. "I am not going to tell you to break up with her or anything like that. Nor to nag you. We both know that I don't do that." Sunmi said and chuckled. Yena awkwardly chuckled too.

"I just want to know, for how long have you two been in a relationship?" Sunmi asked seriously but still has care in her tone.

"Uhm.. 2 years, unnie." Yena then looked down again. "So what do you want me to do with that? Should we let them release that? I will do what you will tell me. You know me, Yena. I only do what my artists wants to do in situations like this." Sunmi explained.

"I don't think both Yuri and I are ready to publicly announce our relationship. I mean, I am okay with it since I am an out lesbian but Yuri is not. She just debuted this year. I know that you, as our sajangnim, also don't want to put Yuri in this kind of risk." Yena said sincerely. Sunmi got Yena's point. As their CEO, Sunmi only wants to protect the two of them, especially Yuri.

"Then, I'll tell Dispatch to not release that. I might need to pull some strings but I can assure you, nothing about the two of you will be released today." Sunmi said, Yena smiled at her. "Thank you, unnie." Yena thanked and held Sunmi's hand.

"You can now leave. Enjoy for the rest of the day. Your work resumes tomorrow." Sunmi said. Yena goes up from her seat. She bowed one last time before heading towards the door.

Yena was about to walk out of the room when Sunmi said something that bothered her for the whole day.

"You might need to discuss announcing your relationship publicly starting today with Yuri. The media now has a card against you. It's better to admit than to get revealed."

--
stay safe, everyone