Chapter 8

Yena made her comeback last week. Her schedules became tight ever since. The two barely had time to communicate.

"Duckie, why are you sad? You just won another trophy. It's your 3rd time this week." Hyewon broke the silence inside Yena's van.

Hyewon decided to accompany Yena to her schedules today: a music show and a fan sign. Being a good bestfriend, Hyewon cleared her schedule for today, which is going to a PC bang, when she heard that Yujin can't accompany Yena because of Wonyoung.

Hyewon expected a happy and goofy Yena when she entered her apartment hours earlier. But instead, she saw a gloomy Yena.

Yena was always the positive one. She'll make sure that you will feel happy even at sad times. That's why seeing Yena like that made Hyewon worried.

Good thing Yujin isn't here. Or else she'll just make Yena's mood worse, Hyewon thought.

"Just don't mind me, Kwangbae. My mind's just occupied lately." Yena answered, still feeling down.

They're inside Yena's van, ready to leave for her fan sign. They are only waiting for Yena's manager to come back.

Yena thought Hyewon stopped talking about the topic when she felt a penny being placed on her thigh. She saw Hyewon smiling at her. "A penny for your thoughts?"

"Hyewon-ah..." Yena called Hyewon's name out of touch. "What? Not enough?" Hyewon asked and got another penny from her purse.

"No. That's enough." Yena told Hyewon. "So, can you tell me now?" Yena looked at Hyewon apologetically.

"I'm afraid not, Hyewon. It's hard to explain." Yena answered. Hyewon rolled her eyes and said, "Well, we have the whole van by ourselves right now. You can tell me."

Just right after Hyewon said that, Yena saw her manager walking towards the van. "Maybe today's not the right time. My manager is already here. I'll just tell you some other time, Hyewon-ah." Yena said and held Hyewon's hand. Hyewon couldn't do anything but to tighten the hold to convey her message to Yena:

She's always there for her.

Yena's manager got in the van and started driving towards the fan signing event. The ride was quite. Neither of them took the initiative to speak.

Maybe they do need Yujin in situations like this.

Once arrived at the venue, Yena's manager stepped oit of the van. She told Yena to stay inside first and he'll just come back later to fetch Yena inside the van.

Hyewon gave Yena a tap on her head. "Be strong, Yena. I don't know what you're going through but be strong." Yena hugged Hyewon.

When they saw that Yena's manager is back, the two broke the hug. Yena opened the van's door.

Hyewon saw how Yena flashed a smile, a fake one.

But she could not do anything about it. She followed Yena and her manager inside the venue.

Before fully getting on the stage, Yena gave Hyewon her phone. Hyewon accepted it and was about to hid it in Yena's bag when it vibrated.

Not to be the nosy friend, but the vibration annoyed Hyewon. Thay made her look what it's about.

Joyyul:

Hey, why did I saw Yujin's CEO and manager inside the building? Are you at your fan signing event, yet? Don't forget to drink water after that, okay? I miss you. I love you.

What she read made her confused.

Yena has a girlfriend. And she's in Yena's company.

But first of all, why does Yujin's CEO and manager is in Yena's company?

Hyewon looked at Yena and she saw Yena looking at her from the stage. Yena smiled at her. This time it wasn't fake, but mostly apologising.

--

updated bc fiesta is a bop. yena best girl. wonkkura rapped.