a day in the Olympian army

for 1 more time, not my wrighting yet so here is chapeter 2 

Thalia's POV A year after Percy's rebellion

Being the daughter of Zeus is not fun sometimes. Sure you have the awesome powers to command lightning and the air. But sometimes is too much responsibility. You ask why? Well simple really, see as a child of the king of the gods people see you as a leader and they look at you to make the decisions. Sure I'm almost unbeatable in battle and the only to people that can give me a challenge are my two friends Annabeth and Clarisse.

Surprising that the two children of the war gods get along. While Annabeth is the brains, Clarisse is the muscle. The two get along well. Right now we lead a small battalion of troops to attack a small slave colony that belongs to the titans. They always have these around and every time it makes me mad.

Hence why I'm leading this attack and why I'm also hiding behind a bush for the right time for the guard shift to be over. Waiting sucks for us demigods, I mean the ADHD is killer, I've been about a couple of minutes and I'm about to jump from the ground, so annoying. Just then I heard the call for attack and I started yelling my battle cry along with everyone. And we stormed the place, it looked like one of those towns from the old west and it looked empty. How? The others looked perplexed as I am.

"Don't lower your weapons, it may be a trap," I told them, "five of you stay here in case reinforcement come, the rest search the place." and with that we began exploring.

After the first couple of houses I found nothing and I was to lose interest in this when I heard a moan of pain. That's when I spotted corpses that must've belonged to demigods and mortals, also I spotted dust that belonged to dead around I finally found the source of the sound near a store as run there I called the others to join me. Once they were here I went to check who moaned. It was a fallen member, I noticed cause of the gray armor, but he looked horrible.

Deep cuts were all over him, broken leg, and probably a pierced lung cause of his ragged breath. One of the Apollo healers that were there checked him for a while and stood up shaking his head, I knew what that meant. He didn't have long to live. I crouched down to look at him better and ask him what happened.

"Who did this? I whispered. The boy look at me still trying to breath right until finally he spoke.

"They came in the night," he said hoarsely, "at first we thought it was the Olympian army or the Romans until we saw the armor." he stopped to swallow and I gave him my canteen of water so he could drink. After he drank half of the water he continued a bit strongly.

"They wore black armor and they attacked with great force, we were outnumbered, and outmatched. The leader looked god-like in battle, all those who faced perished at his hand. After we lost they freed the slaves and said something that I didn't hear and they left." he stated. I wanted to ask him more but when I looked up he was gone. Gathering the troops I called our back up to tell them what I heard. It was time to speak to the gods.

...

On Olympus

Olympus is been two months since I've been there cause of all the battles that I had to lead. It was tiresome, maybe once there I could ask my father for some rest, I hope. I got on the elevator of the empire state building or how is it called now Ida tower after the mountain were my father was raised. Finally the elevator stopped and reached Olympus. I passed the city and reached the palace of the gods.

Once there I saw the mayhem inside. Satyrs, mortals, demigods, nature spirits, and other creatures I saw but whose name I didn't know were running around tables, maps and other rooms of the palace. I walked quickly as to not get caught by their dilemma but like always it didn't work. Annabeth appeared at my side with some papers clutched in her hands.

"Hey Thals I need your help with these." she said.

"Not now Annie I got to report to the gods on something I found." I said"Really, what?" she asked. Typical of a daughter of the goddess of wisdom. Reluctantly I told her and with every word I swore I could see the gears turning in her head trying to figure out about what I heard.

"I've heard of something like that." she said.

"Really?" I said now curious.

"Yeah one of our regiment reported something like what you heard, that some group dressed in black armor had destroyed a couple of outpost of the titans." she stated.

I wondered who these people were. Were they some new force of the Olympians or another force entirely. I wasn't sure but I was going to see if I could find out. Finally reached the council room and opened them. Inside were the fourteen Olympians which surprised me. Since the war started sometimes at least part of the Olympians were busy with the war.

To have all of them together meant trouble. Most of the gods had on their battle gear like my dad, Ares, Athena, Hephaestus, Artemis and Hades. The other were in their normal clothes. Zeus stared at me with some concern in his eyes checking to see if I was injured. He can't show it more openly as he's the king but he cares for me and my twin brother Jason praetor and leader of the Roman demigods. I walked to the center and kneeled to my father.

"Lord Zeus report." I said out loud for everyone to hear after nod from him I told my tell. Everyone mortal and immortal alike listened without questions. They were surprised to what I discovered that Athena stood from her throne and started pacing around. With intensity of her walk I thought she was going to make a hole on the floor. Finally Zeus spoke up.

"We've heard of a new force that was fighting the titans but as to what they're called and who they are, we have no leads. That is why I want you Thalia to search for clues as to who they are." he stated and I nodded.

"Also child we've already told the Romans to search for this group too so you may see them along your path." said Athena after her little power walk. "Also choose those that you wish to join you on your quest." I nodded and looked around the entourage of demigods. After scanning around I knew who to choose.

"I choose Annabeth, Clarisse, Jake, Travis, Connor, Malcolm and Lee." I said.

My friends broke from the group I joined my side. Why did I chose them? Simple I know I'll need wisdom hence Annabeth and her brother Malcolm, some muscle hence Clarisse, some thieves and infiltrators the Stoll brothers, someone good with mechanics Jake Mason son of Hephaestus, and a healer Lee. I've known them for years and have work together we work well together. But I wondered who this black dressed army was and whose allegiance they're with. And who leads them.

chapter 2, allrights go to chronos the cookie theif, for now..

-jay