The Beginning of the End part 1, part 2

Percy's POV

After that disastrous mission plus the long journey, we finally reached home. It was like we left it, on one side was our city Troy still going on strong and on the other side the enemy camp, tents were everywhere and you could see the groups milling about. In the middle of it was the plains that were the battlefield.

For a moment it seemed like before this war came to us, those peaceful days when we were strengthening the city for that dreadful day that came, gathering more people to our forces, and doing the occasional raid on a Titan outpost, yep those were the days. Shaking my head of my thoughts I continued toward Troy through a hidden pathway as to no arouse the enemy into attacking, once inside the children of Hecate will collapse it as it was once more.

That way no one can attack from there. Anyway we entered the pathway and reached the end of the tunnel that was guarded by a mixture of Roman and Trojan warriors. I nodded to them and the cleared the way to let us pass and continued only to stop at cheering. The citizens were celebrating our return and victory of the mission, now normally I'm not one for this kind of thing, but today I just smiled and raised my hand to let them know that I appreciate their thoughts and that made them scream even more.

As I continued to the House of Ilos which is my home/ war meeting base, I saw someone outside of the commotion that my troops were drown in. I saw it was my friend and brother-in-arms Jason Grace, he was out of armors and was dressed in a purple shirt, jeans and converse. His hair was long and messy as ever, but he smiled when he saw me and we shook hands.

"About time you got here everyone's been worried sick." he commented.

"What's been going on?" I asked wondering if the Fallen had attacked in our absence.

"An Olympian force led by Thalia came last night under orders from the gods to aid us in battle." stated Jason. Now that made me think, I haven't spoken nor seen any Olympian soldier since the Athena mess and now they want to help. One side of me is saying to trust them and the other part is saying not to trust them. And fighting with myself like a crazy person isn't going to help me. So shaking my head I look at Jason again.

"Take me to them." I said. He nodded and led me to some tents next to the Roman camp. One by one the Olympians emerged from their tents or stood from their campfires, some seemed in awe, others seemed cautious and others seemed scared I ignore their stares as I marched towards Thalia's tent.

When I entered they seemed to be in discussion, I saw Thalia's second in command Annabeth with her and Clarisse daughter of Ares and others I didn't know. All conversation stopped when we entered.

"Percy, Jason what're you doing here?" asked Thalia. I just looked at her with a look that said, really you're asking that? which made here falter a bit.

"See we spoke with the gods and they agreed to send a regiment under my leadership to help you fight." she said. "But anyway I'm glad you're here, listen my scouts have reported that the Titan force have began to move to attack!" she exclaimed. That shocked me it was still days before the truce is broken which meant that they wanted to catch us off guard why I don't know.

"Jason," I began as I turned to him, "gather our forces we need to move as soon as we can." I stated.

"Right." said Jason and left the tent. As I turned around to arm myself Thalia called me.

"Yes?" I said already expecting the answer.

"What can me and my warriors do, we're at your disposal." she stated. Now I was wondering, can I trust them? I mean what if one of them will do the same as what their beloved gods did. What then, but my inner voice said that together we're stronger especially in the fights to come."Well you'll back up the Phoebus regiment since they're our weakest at the moment and they'll be at our right flank, understand?" I said. She nodded and began giving out orders with an excitement I never heard from her before, it made me smile as I left the tent.