Blast form the past and possible trouble in the future

Thalia's POV

Man was this quest suckish. It's been a week and all we've done so far is fight and fight against monsters. I mean is like they want us to not look, anyway we were taking a break beside some trees after searching for hours. I looked at the others Annabeth and Malcolm were discussing where to go next, Clarisse was sharpening a knife, Connor and Travis were snoring, Lee was on lookout and Jake was fiddling with some gears making something.

I've been thinking about on what to do next and I had nothing, but what I did know is that we weren't going to last long with all this attacks that were happening. We needed help and I knew who could give it but I also know some of the others won't like it.

"Everyone gear up, we're going to meet up with the Romans." I stated as I stood up.

Of course my words came true as Connor, Travis, Clarisse, and Annabeth began arguing. They've met the Romans and even though they were allies they never met eye to eye. See the Romans were descendants of the Trojan people that were defeated by the Greeks and ever since then the Romans never liked us. They made peace with us for the sake of the alliance but that old vengeance still loomed in the for of: sarcastic comments, taunting, and in some cases extreme pranking (though so far the Mercury kids never stood a chance against the Stoll twins).

Hence I have to try and make peace with them, thankfully I wasn't alone. My twin brother Jason and me have been assigned ambassadors to try and stop the fighting. You may be wondering, if you're twins the how come one is Roman and the other is Greek? Simple really see the night we were conceived our father Zeus was in between his Greek and Roman form.

So I who was born first by a minute was Greek while my brother was born Roman. When we were three our mom died in a car crash and dad took us with him. Living on Olympus was boring, I was practically raised by Hestia goddess of the hearth since my father was too busy, as for my brother he got taken by Hera and raised by her as her champion. When we turned seven, I was sent to camp Half Blood, while Jason was sent to camp Seven Hills the Roman camp.

On Olympus I never could play or even speak with him, Hera was very bitchy when it came to him. Which made me have a grudge towards the goddess of marriage for all my life. On camp Half Blood I met my two greatest friends, Luke and Annabeth. Luke is a son of Hermes and he was an incredible fighter though he never could beat me in our sparring matches. But then came the Dark Days, see Luke went to do a quest in getting apples of the Garden of the Hesperides but got attacked by the dragon guarding the tree and in fierce battle Luke won against the monster but got injured. We found him injured with a scar on his face and other serious injuries, but our healers managed to save him.

But he changed after that, he got into more fights with others and he almost killed in a sparring match one of his students if it weren't for Clarisse (who was practicing with her cabin) who tackled him and clubbed him with her fist (children of Ares have a bit more strength than others). After that Chiron our trainer decide it was better to take Luke out of duties until he could recuperate.

But it didn't work, a week after that incident a huge legion of monsters attacked camp. Luke was leading it, we survived and one of course but we didn't know it was a diversion. We heard from the gods that the Mist that covered our world was destroyed and monsters were attacking cities, invading them, conquering them. We tried to fight but some rogue demigods of camp that join Luke were leading the assaults and knew our movements, making us the losing side.

It wasn't until the gods began to act themselves to preserve the Heart of the West. That happened when I was ten years old. When one of my best friends in the whole world turned on us and caused destruction on America. Now here I am waiting for the Romans at the meeting point we set up. I was excited, I hadn't seen my brother in a long time, I wanted to see how he was doing. I've heard of his exploits and victories but I wanted to hear them from him, some people tend to exaggerate the reports.