wartime missions

Thalia's POV

Things have been quiet for a while. Our scouts have reported that the battle in Troy has calmed down for the time being. Even with that I still worried about Percy, ever since I first saw him I've felt something that I have never felt before. And whatever that feeling was it has grown by seeing him in battles everyday until he has reached my heart. Yes I was in love with Percy Jackson!

But I feel that with the distrust he has on us thanks to Athena, I'll never tell him how I feel. Aside from that we've had some problems of our own, it seems some enemy raiders have been doing some minor damage on Olympus and we've been sent to get rid of them. But I know that this was the just a warm-up with what will come soon.

Percy's POV

Thanks to the temporary pause in the battle, it gave us the chance to hit their supplies of war. So here I am in one of the Fallen's weapons and Sentinel factories. With me were Beckendorf, Nico, Will and Daedalus to command a small Trojan platoon. Jason and the rest are at Troy guarding the fortress from the enemy army.

"According to my spies, this is the location of one of the major Sentinel breeding factories." stated Daedalus as he pointed at the map. "If we destroy it the Sentinel force will be depleted and crippled in the battles to come, tomorrow is our best chance to attack them when they're guard is at it's weakest." he finished.

I looked at the map, with the Sentinels out of the way it could give us an edge in the next battle we face. Aside from that if we raid the weapons warehouse it could give us some leverage of supplies since we're running out of weaponry since our supply of celestial bronze is running out and we've stoop to take any weapon lost in the battlefield. But with this it can help us much to arming the soldiers better for battle.

"Ok I agree with Daedalus on destroying the Sentinel factories, but aside from that we can gain a bonus in stealing their weapons." I said pointing at the location. " That way we can hit two birds with one stone." I finished. When I looked at them they were mulling it over and accepted the logic in my plan. So we decided to strike both places at the same time since they're close and we settled on the time to strike.

...

So the teams are set, the one to lead the assault team on the armory will be me along with Beckendorf and the one to lead the attack on the Sentinel factory is Nico and Daedalus. So w set up a time and place to meet up and it was off to battle. Under the cover of the night we moved in the shadows getting rid of any stray monster, demigod, or mortal that crossed our way.

Finally after a couple of minutes we reached our destination, after setting scouts lead by Will to hold off any enemy that comes we began our work. While I began taking all the enemies goodies Beckendorf was planting bomb here and there to whatever we couldn't take with us. But like always something has to go wrong, suddenly alarms started blaring all around us and Will was shouting: "Enemy troops are coming, archers fire!" So we knew that it was a matter of time before we had company.

"Trojans to your positions!" I shouted. The rest that were backing us up started to form a line after the archers.

"You four." I said to some of the soldiers, "take the weapons to the meting point and wait for the others, now go!" I ordered and they quickly went to the job at hand. I pulled Riptide just as Will came with a grim expression.

"Percy enemy forces are coming in masse at the lad is a Fallen operative and there's something weird about her sword." he explain.

"What do you mean exactly?" asked Beckendorf, if anybody can explain something about any gadget or weapon it was Beckendorf.

"Well so far anything that it's hacked has been cut off like it's made of butter and it doesn't shine like neither celestial bronze nor imperial gold." he stated."Is it stygian iron?" I asked.

"No you can noticed it because of the dull shine it has, could you see what color it was?" said Beckendorf.

"It was silver but-"

"WHAT?" exclaimed Beckendorf.

"What is it Charlie?" I asked worried since he never loses his cool in anything.

"That's no regular blade then, it's an adamantine sword." he said in awe and terror. That sent some chills down my spine. From what Greek mythology has told adamantine was the strongest metal known in the myths and it was so rare it's barely shown in mythology.

I know that Kronos first scythe was made of adamantine before he was defeated and my namesake Perseus wielded a sword made of the same metal to slay Medusa and the gorgons. Which made me wonder how did the enemy get it.

"Well we got some nasty surprises, but just because one of them wields a indestructible weapon doesn't mean the end of us." I stated. "I'll handle her Beck you back me up, Will send a message to the others to move on ahead of us." I ordered. Will nodded and began using his communicator while Beckendorf pulled out his sword and touched his bangle in his arm to unleash his Spartan shield.

"Trojan stand firm, remember this is not a battle to win, but a battle to survive, once Nico sends the signal we'll retreat, Beck are the charges in place? I asked. Yes once we're done here and retreat we'll leave with a bang.

"Yeah there in place we just need the signal and they're off." said Beckendorf. I nodded just when one of our warriors yelled: "Here they come!" and so we go to battle.

Nico's POV

We finally reached the warehouse/laboratory were the Sentinels are made. Here was a very busy place, demigods (whom I guess are children of Hecate), telekhines, and mortal scientists came and went like on cue. So the question now is how to go in there without being noticed. I could shadow travel but it will take to long transporting many people there and back, to the point that I'll just passed out mid plan. Thankfully I have Daedalus master strategist and inventor of Troy here and he'll come up with better plan than I would.

"So what can we do here Daedalus?" I asked, yeah I say sometimes what I think and it's gotten me in trouble more than you know. Anyway Daedalus was scratching his beard which has been labeled his thinking mode. After his eyes scanned the area he looked at us.

"Well with so many guards here the only way is for shadow travel but it'll cause to much drain on you Nico but I have a special creation of mine here that can lend us some assistance." he stated and with that he began to dig in his bag until he pulled out a ring. It was normal aside for the wild shield crest that was for a stone.

"This," he began clearing me from my thoughts, "is a portable amplifier I made a couple of weeks ago and knew it will come in handy here on this mission." he stated. "Once you put on it you'll have enough energy to spare and can travel multiple people at once without getting tired." he said handing it to me. I put it on and saw the shield turn black, I gave a questioning look to Daedalus.

"Once you put it on it'll identify your energy signature to work better for you, I tried it on me and gained telekinesis." he stated. As much as I would love to see that I knew we needed to focus on this mission. So I closed my eyes and the shadows around us began to envelop us. I wasn't even concentrating yet amazing!

So after focusing more I shadow traveled everyone into the warehouse to appear in a hallway. Daedalus quickly took action and sent everyone to put bombs around the place. As for me and a couple of soldier we went to main room of this place and saw something very gruesome. Heaps of bodies laying on tables pale as marble, men and women covered in machines and what not.Some were already finished, other were just recently there. Surrounding them were telekhines prodding and doing other stuff that I thought only appeared in the Fields of Punishment. Yeah is that gruesome, mortal scientists were checking monitors and pulses and in the center stood someone.

He was demigod cause he was wearing the gray robes of the Fallen, he was dark skinned, with dreadlocks that move like Medusa's snake hair, which meant that this once was a son of Hecate in command of this place. But before we could even strike, suddenly alarms blared and before we knew it enemy soldiers surrounded us. Oh boy we have a problem.