The Battle for Troy pt.1, pt 2

chapter 13

Percy's POV

I looked a bit grim as I look at all the forces that were at Troy's disposal and even though we needed every man available I just needed to do this.

"Ok as you all know last week we had a report from our spies that Kronos has sent most of his forces against us. But I want to say that if any you wish to leave for any reason at all then you can leave." I said waiting. Most of them looked shock as if they weren't expecting this from me, a minute later and one of the soldiers stepped forward. But instead of leaving he said this.

"Lord, not one of the men here would do that. You have given us peace and hope ever since you freed us and now we wish to protect that alongside you." he stated. As soon as he said that they started chanting my name: "Perseus, Perseus, Perseus…..", I rubbed the back of my head a bit embarrassed, I honestly don't like this much attention, my friends were grinning in amusement at all of this. Finally I calmed the soldiers down and everyone sobered up.

"Now for the first of the battle we're going to put in our line two regiments and two of our cavalry forces." I stated. Everyone looked at mi surprise at this.

"The reason is because this will just be a test of our fighting force, aside from those forces the Romans will give us some support from their forces and also for a surprise attack from behind enemy lines will be two additional cavalry forces of ours." I finished. Everyone nodded and I saw a soldier running towards us.

"Sir, they're coming!" he exclaimed. I didn't even ask who it was, the time had come.

"Ok, I want the Phoebus and Orion regiments, and the Macedonian, Mercenary, Neptune, and Pegasus forces also." I ordered. "The rest will guard the city and it's key weak points, understood." I said and everyone nodded.

"Good, Sherman you'll command the Orion regiment, Katie you take the Macedonians, Simmons the mercenaries, Daedalus the Pegasus, and Mark the Phoebus." I ordered. "They may have all monsters from mythology against us but they'll never have our spirit, FOR THE GODS AND FOR TROY!" I yelled as I raised my sword and everyone yelled with me. And so we went to war.

Thalia's POV

We watched as the Trojan yelled their cry. Even though Athena tried to kill him Percy still honored the gods. Then we looked to see the Trojans forming lines to prepare for battle and once they did this it was waiting for the time of battle. Percy then began giving orders to mobilize some weapons that left me surprised. Then when the enemy line began to appear he prepared the first force.

"Spearmen ready!, he ordered and the front lines unleashed some very fearsome spears, "ready the catapults and ballista's! he finished. Just then a force of giants and cyclopes appeared, this strategy was used to cripple the enemy forces but that was going to work here.

"FIRE!" roared Percy. And like that boulders began crushing the enemy followed by giant arrows spearing viciously any who got caught in them.

"Attack my brethren!" Said Percy and with that both the Trojan and Roman forces began truly fighting roaring at the top of their lungs following their champion and leader. And just like that an all out brawl happen, I saw Percy calling for ballistas and cannons to destroy the frontal lines.

I good strategy and it was for good reason cause the front line were made of giants and cyclopes so that way they don't lose much of their forces. Just like that the enemy front lines were decimated. While this happen the other forces began clashing with the rest of the enemy, I saw my brother leading his troops breaking into the core of the enemy lines.Meanwhile Percy was fighting viciously against some giants, apparently he changed how he fought cause now he had a second blade instead of the usual shield and knew how to use it well, his skill have improved and he has sharpened his senses greatly. As he was fighting two opponents at the same time and didn't realize there was another one behind him. Just when I thought that he was done form he stabbed at the enemy at his back with a fluid movement like it was nothing and continued fighting like it was nothing and continued fighting with his sword Riptide.