The calm before the storm

next chapter getting closer lol im so impatient. 

Percy's POV

I woke up with pain at my side, not just that my whole body suddenly cry out in pain. Clutching my right side and swearing a bit little by little I started to remember yesterday. The obnoxious brother, the vengeful goddess, the gladiator battle against three dangerous monsters. I also remember the anger and the daring to Athena, well can you blame me, I mean Michael isn't smart enough to unleash the minotaur king and Kampe to face me.

Hate to admit it but she's smart, first sending a monster to face, followed by some relieving some nightmares from the past to unhinge me and finally sending a very dangerous with the skill to kill me with me still in a emotional turmoil. But there was a flaw in Athena's plan, and that was I had more control on my emotions. Sure I attacked the minotaur in rage but I held that rage in control just enough to fuel my strength and not let it blind me.

And once I slew it I held back that anger and for good reason. Thankfully I survived with a couple of bruises and a not so deep cut were my ribcage is. Anyway I looked around as to where I was and from the sea-like decoration I guessed I was in one of Poseidon's temples. Said god wasn't around but I saw Piper who was sleeping by my bed.

The daughter of Aphrodite was breathing deeply, well was as I cleared my throat to wake her up. She snorted a bit at the surprised wake up and when she focused on me she smiled happily and hugged me. She blushed a bit when she let me go.

"How are you feeling Percy?" she asked.

"I'm feeling like I got stampede by Pegasi other than that I feel great." I said with a bit of sarcasm. She giggled at my sarcasm and invited me too breakfast. As we walked she told me what happened after I left to get healed from my wounds. The Trojan soldiers were angry as to the monsters I had to fight and were accusing Michael of trying to kill me, to his defense came Athena saying it was a mistake on her part that she confused the monsters she was going to send to face me and sent those ones.

Shockingly nobody believed her, mainly Poseidon who was about to blast her into pieces if Zeus hadn't stopped him. So even now they were still fighting over whose fault was it.

"Sounds to me that Athena doesn't like me very much." I stated.

"No she doesn't apparently is cause you embarrassed her in front of everyone but according to my mom she'll get over it in a couple of days." she said. I was surprised that Aphrodite would talk with her children, then again it isn't that surprising, some of their children that the gods thought dead or corrupted now appeared safe and sound of course they're going to see how they were.

I cleared my head out of my thoughts as I went to were the mess hall is. I needed to check that some of the Trojans weren't fighting no one and as soon as I got there all conversation stopped as everyone started looking at me. Luckily this didn't bother me anymore thanks to all those life and death situation in gladiator arena. So I walked ignoring their stares towards were my friends were waiting for us and on my way I grabbed some food and sat. I was gonna start eating but I was stopped by Daedalus.

"What?" I asked.

"You need to do an offering to the gods before eating in the brazier." he said pointing at a central bronze brazier the size of a bathtub. And like he said, people went to the brazier and threw a portion of their food into the brazier. Shrugging I went to the brazier and said in my mind: "to the gods". And threw some toast with eggs. I went to sit and began to eat as I was drinking some juice my friends asked me how I was and if I wanted to leave. I just shook my head and continued eating my food.