5. Late Night Kisses

I turned up the radio in my car in an attempt to not think about what was on Ryan's mind. He sent me a text last night to come over and talk to him about something-just the two of us. There was no way he could know what happened with me and Jackson, so I knew it wasn't that. I was assuming it has something to do with either the arranged marriage or our personal arrangement. If it was about the latter, I hoped he wasn't planning on changing his mind about it because, unless he learned some new tricks, he was just way too vanilla for me in the bedroom.

I still hadn't picked a wedding dress yet. When I left the store with my mom yesterday, I told her that if I was going to go along with this ridiculous plan, that I was going to wear what I wanted on my "big day". She reluctantly agreed, as long as I ran my decision by her. I knew what she really meant was that Ryan's mother needed to approve-which she wouldn't, because she hated me. Honestly, I don't think she thinks anyone is good enough for her precious son.

I haven't texted or received a text from Jackson since that little fitting room incident. I was curious as to what he was doing, but I was also glad for the little break from the confusing emotions he caused me.

I pulled up to Ryan's apartment and knocked lightly on the door. The smile he greeted me with was a surprise. He either had good news, or he was really playing into the "happy couple" bit.

"Anne! Come in, please."

I entered the posh apartment and took a look around. It had been a few weeks since I'd been there. It was set up like a classic rich boy bachelor pad, except for the smattering of photos of us he had strategically placed around the walls.

"Take a seat, Anne." He gestured to the couch and I sat down.

"Is everything okay?" I asked, a little confused as to the conflict between his cryptic texts and his chipper attitude.

He took a seat on the coffee table across from me and rested his arms on his knees. "First, I want to apologize for dinner. My parents shouldn't trying to make you quit your job."

"Thank you," I said and meant it.

"So, I heard you went dress shopping yesterday. How did it go?"

How did it go? Well, Ry, your mom wants me to look fucking ridiculous. I tried on the most hideous dresses in the world and your brother gave me three orgasms in the fitting room. Over text. It went great!

"It went as well as can be expected. I convinced our moms to at least let me have some input in the dress I'm going to be wearing. So, there's that."

"Well, that's good." He let out a long breath before asking, "How are you doing with this arranged marriage situation? I know it's been tough on you."

"I don't really know what you expect me to say, Ryan. It's going just how we expected it would, arranged." I painfully admitted. Of course, It's tough on me, this isn't how I envisioned my life. This isn't how anyone envisions their lives.

Ryan took a second to react, but spit out, "Well, what I meant was, have you been...sleeping with anyone else?"

I was hesitant to answer his question. I wasn't sure if it was a trick question or he's trying to end the arrangement we already have. I haven't slept with Jackson since the pleasurable night we shared, but I also don't have any intentions of ending that. "Uh, I--."

"I slept with another woman and I wanted to make sure you--."

I also cut him off, "Don't worry, I had a one-night stand. That's the rule, right?"

"Exactly! I know...it's not exactly what we want to do, but it seems better than the alternative. Don't you agree?"

"Yes, I do."