23. Surprises, Surprises

Jackson was here. In my apartment. Right now. I was not expecting him to show up here. But, here he was, standing in my living room. Not to mention, he was looking incredibly good right now.

He was wearing black running pants and a black long sleeve Under Armour shirt. I was absolutely speechless at his presence.

"Hey, Princess."

The sound of his voice broke me out of whatever trance I was in. Before I knew what I was doing, I ran to him. I crushed my lips against his as I threw my arms around his neck.

He responded to me immediately, clutching my body to his. He moaned into my mouth as his hand fisted in my hair. There were no words from either of us. No explanation. No questions. Just this undeniable need we had for each other.

Without breaking contact, he started pushing me towards the wall. When my back pushed up against it, Jackson trailed kisses from my mouth down to my neck. I felt his hands at the waistband of my pajama bottoms and I didn't hesitate to step out of them when he pushed them down my waist to the ground.

My hands went to the bottom of his Under Armour shirt and I pulled it over his head, throwing it who knows where. He did the same with my tank top before I reached out, pulling his mouth to mine again. This is what I needed. I needed to feel his skin against mine.

He must have discarded his own pants at some point during our heated kiss, because in the next instant, I felt him lift me be by my thighs; my legs winding around his waist.

He was just as eager as I was. As his lips met mine again, I felt him slam inside of me. A moan escaped me as my head fell back against the wall. He started thrusting in and out of me quickly while kissing my neck.

I sucked my bottom lip between my teeth as I felt my body getting closer and closer to orgasm. My nails dug into his back and he groaned against my skin.

I knew I had missed him, but damn... there really was nothing else like the feeling of Jackson Reese. He pulled his head back from my neck to meet my gaze. When he smiled at me, I lost it. My climax hit me and I called his name. He kissed me again, and a few thrusts later, I felt him release himself inside me.

We stayed like that for a few minutes as we caught our breath. Then Jackson slowly slid my legs back down to the floor. Our eyes met and he gave me one of those charming smiles. "Hey there."

"Hi," I breathed. I was still so overwhelmed. Lanie must have left when he got here to give us some privacy.

"I have to admit," he said as he leaned forward to kiss cheek, my chin, my mouth, "I like the way you welcome me home."

When he said the word home my chest tightened. I know he didn't mean it that way, probably didn't even realize what he said, but still... "What are you doing here?" I asked, trying to settle my mind.

He stepped back and reached for my hand. "Come on, Princess. Let's get cleaned up. Then we'll talk."

I let him lead me to the bathroom and was surprised when he joined me in the shower. We had never showered together before, probably because of how personal it was. I had to say though, it felt nice when he soaped my body. Especially when he shampooed my hair for me. He rubbed it into my hair and a little moan escaped me.

"Feel good?" He asked with a chuckle.

That was an understatement. "God, yes."

We finished the shower quickly and I wrapped my robe around me before taking a seat on my bed. Jackson left the room for a moment and came back with two bags. One was a duffle and the other was a grocery bag.