13. You Can Call Me Jackson

My heart dropped when I heard Lanie's voice. I jumped to my feet before I grabbed my robe and wrapped it around me. Jackson stayed where he was, but he had a worried look on his face. Yeah, this could go one of two ways.

"Lanie...I- uh, thought you were staying in Jamie's room?"

She arched an eyebrow. "She and Adam made up and she wanted to talk to him alone on the phone." She looked from Jackson back to me. "Why don't you tell me what I'm looking at here?"

"It's not what it looks like," I rushed out. She and Jackson both gave me a look and I sucked my teeth. "Okay, maybe it is what it looks like but--"

"I knew that random hotel guy story was bullshit. He was the one you had sex with last night." She narrowed her eyes at me. "This has happened more than once hasn't it?"

Damn her psychic-ness.

When I didn't answer, her eyes widened with realization. She pointed at Jackson and said, "He's the guy from the bar! The multiple mind-blowing orgasms guy!"

"You can call me Jackson," he said with a cocky smile; clearly amused.

I shot him a look before I looked back to Lanie. "Yes, he's the guy from the bar. I didn't know he was Ryan's brother when I met him. Not until the engagement party."

She was quiet for a few minutes as she processed what I said. "Harp, isn't that against the 'rules'?"

I fidgeted with my hands as I answered her. "Yes. But, Jackson..."

Unable to answer, I looked in his direction. I regretted it instantly when he looked at Lanie with a wicked smile. "Gives multiple mind-blowing orgasms."

I closed my eyes tight. Christ, this was a disaster. I knew Lanie wouldn't tell anyone, but I'm sure she was disappointed. I mean, this was Ryan's brother. "Lanie-"

"Wait, Harper." She looked at Jackson for a moment before letting out a deep breath. "Come here," she said.

I walked over to her and she started talking in a low voice so Jackson wouldn't overhear.

"Harp, in all the time I've known you, you have never dressed up for a guy. I've also never seen you this way. Are you sure that you can be careful with him? I mean," she lowered her voice more. "I'm worried you are going to fall for him. I don't want you to get hurt."

I thought about what she said and she had a valid point. Sleeping with the same person over and over again, especially someone who you have a deep sexual connection with, can definitely lead to more. I just had to make sure I didn't fall in love with Jackson Reese.

"I'm sure," I answered her.

She held my stare before smiling and saying in her normal voice, "Alright then, this can be interesting. I'm going to help you guys."

"What do you mean?" I asked with confusion.

"Well, while we are here on vacation, if he ever needs to sneak in here and someone sees him, we can say he's just here to see me."

I raised my eyebrows at that. "What about Danielle?"

Lanie scoffed. "Let her think she lost her chance with him to me. She needs to be taken down a notch anyway. At least that way it will keep her hands and...other parts off of your body, Jackson."

It sounded like he muttered something along the lines of, "thank God" as I asked Lanie, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Hell yeah! This is going to be fun," she said with an evil smile. "But, we'll talk tomorrow. I'm going to go to bed. With my headphones on. You guys have fun."