6. Margarita Confessions

"So, when are we doing your bachelorette party? I thought it was this week."

"Yeah, I did too," I said as I took a sip of my Caramel Macchiato and looked at my best friend, Lanie.

I woke up to an empty bed this morning. Even though I had been pretty drunk, I remembered the events from last night. I remember going to the bar and dancing with Jackson. I also remember him taking me home. I remember wanting sex and him dropping the hammer on that. At least, for now, until I make up my mind. But we did have a nice long make-out session.

He also left a note when he left. Short and simple. Pure Jackson:

Good morning, Princess,

Sorry to leave so early, but I had some work things to tend to. I really did enjoy spending last night with you.

Jackson

P.S. You undressed yourself in an attempt to tease and seduce me. Just remember...revenge is mine.

I may have gotten completely naked last night. I may have tried to initiate sex once...or twice. I know he was going to retaliate, and I couldn't wait.

"I don't know, Lanie. I wish I could get out of this week trip thing."

I confided in my best friend about this ridiculous out-of-town getaway we're having. The closer it got, the worse I felt about it. I didn't want to be around people I didn't know-who were going to become family through a huge wedding sham.

Lanie scoffed. "Why? Sounds like fun."

If making small talk with a ton of strangers-who would probably look down on me-was her idea of fun...

That's when an idea came to me. "How about you and the girls come? Rooms will be on Ryan's parents. We can pick a night for a bachelorette party!"

"Yes! That's perfect!" Lanie squealed with excitement before she texted my other two bridesmaids.

Out of the three of them, Lanie and Jamie were also teachers and had the summer off. Danielle owned her own company so she usually could take time off whenever she wanted.

If my parents were going to make me go to this stupid vacation, I was at least going to have some fun of my own. It would also be a great opportunity to get Jackson back for saying no to me.

My phone chimed and I looked at the caller-id. Speak of the devil, I thought when I saw Jackson's name.

Jackson: You teased me unfairly last night, princess.

I smiled as I remembered the night before. When I started to undress, he had attempted to stop me. I played the sympathy card and told him that I wasn't comfortable and wanted to get into comfy clothes. He reluctantly allowed it and waited in the bed while I went to go change. When I came back, his jaw dropped at the sight of me. I decided to walk back into the room in a black teddy. His response?

"That's against the rules, Princess. Change before I'm forced to leave and not keep my promise to stay the night."

I went and did as he said. However, I came back wearing absolutely nothing. He had actually gotten to his feet that time.

"Harper, how is this any better?"

"What?" I had asked with feigned innocence. "I only have the teddy or regular clothes. I mean, maybe I have some other kinds of lingerie..."

He knew I was bullshitting and walked towards me. I remember the way my body tingled as his eyes greedily took me in.

He didn't say anything as he took possession of my mouth and continued our make-out session.