15. The Ice Palace

"Let me buy you another dance!" Ryan slurred in a loud voice.

We had been at The Ice Palace for three hours and he was hammered. So was everyone else attending his bachelor party. Well, except me. I indulged in a few drinks, but I wasn't wasted like them. I let out a long sigh as I looked around the upscale strip club. I wasn't expecting such a large group for Ryan's bachelor party. A few of our cousins and his friends filled up the limo that brought us here. Ryan was beyond ecstatic to be here. Go figure, since he's engaged to someone he didn't love.

Someone that I was very eager to get to tonight. I originally dreaded this trip. Mainly because it involved talking to family I didn't give a bloody hell about. Spending time with Harper seemed to make it a lot more bearable. I tried not to think too much about whatever this was we had. I kept reminding myself it was just sex. Fucking amazing sex, but still just sex.

"Come on, what about that blonde?" Ryan asked again when I didn't answer.

"No, thanks, mate. I'm good on the lap dances." Ryan already paid for me to have two lap dances. For the sake of shits and giggles, I went along with it. Mainly hoping to prove to myself that Harper didn't have any power over me. The two women who gave me dances were extremely attractive with model bodies. They were very good at their job, but they still didn't quite do it for me. Not like the way a certain blonde does.

Ryan got to his feet and I reached out to steady him. "Whoa, easy there."

Ryan guestured towards the VIP section upstairs. "I'm going to get some VIP extras," he stated.

Anyone with common sense knew what happened in the VIP section. Drug usage and sex. Not always in that order. What Ryan chose to do was up to him. He was free to make his own choices. To be honest, if I hadn't known about his open relationship with Harper, I would like to think I would have stopped him.

I watched him stagger off in the direction of the VIP section as another dancer walked over to me. She rested her hand on my shoulder and I turned to face her. She had a curvy figure and her complexion looked almost Italian. She had dark hair and brown eyes and she was absolutely sexy. My eyes scanned her body and I found myself appreciating the very skimpy lingerie she had on.

"Hey, baby," she said in a sultry voice with not-so-hidden meaning.

"Hey. What's your name?" I asked her.

"Jasmine."

I knew it was fake but it wasn't too out there. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Jay." For some reason, I didn't want her to have my real name. She smiled at me and leaned closer, making it a point to press her breasts up against me. She put her mouth to my ear and whispered, "How about we go to the VIP section? I can make it worth your while. And your money."

I bet she could. I didn't doubt her abilities when it came to sex or even being a dancer. Even though I was attracted to her, I found myself saying, "Maybe next time."

She pulled away from me and ran her finger down my arm. "I'm here all night, baby."

She sauntered off and I let out a frustrated sigh. What the fuck was wrong with me? I should be all over her. I should be getting drunk and burying myself in countless women. I should be doing anything except thinking about Harper Lewis. I should be doing anything that didn't involve me imagining what dress she was wearing. A dress I promised to rip off her body later.

I felt my phone vibrate and pulled it from my pocket.

Harper: I'll be in your hotel room in one hour ;)

I had given her a spare key to my room a few days ago. Just the thought of her in there waiting for me was enough to make me hard.

"Hey there, handsome," another dancer said as she approached me. "Wanna dance?"