40. Bomb...Dropped PT. 2

When Harper excused herself from the dinner table, I got worried. I knew she was still pissed at me and I haven't had the chance to really talk to her yet. When I caught her looking at me a few times during the rehearsal, I thought maybe there was a chance once I tell her how I feel.

After Harper left the room, I sent a questioning look to Ryan. He met my gaze and simply shook his head, letting me know to stay put while he went to go check on her. Better him than me right now. If I tried to follow after her to make sure she was okay, I probably would have gotten punched in the face.

We were all supposed to stay here at the mansion until the wedding. I was hoping I would be able to find a few minutes alone with her to tell her that I was in love with her.

Ever since I realized I was an idiot for doing what I did, and also for not accepting how I felt sooner, I couldn't stop smiling. I was dying to tell her. I couldn't wait to see her expression when she found out the truth.

I didn't want to be with anyone else. I only wanted her and she needed to believe that.

I saw Ryan come back inside and he gestured towards the foyer for me to follow him. I got up from the table immediately and walked over to him. The first thing I noticed was a red mark on his face.

"What the bloody hell happened to you?"

He looked away sheepishly. "Anne smacked me."

My spine stiffened has dread started to fill me. "Why would she smack you, Ryan?"

"I told her that I told you how she felt and that I told you to end it with her that it was my fault."

"Are you out of your fucking mind! We had a plan, Ryan. Why did you even tell her that?" I had no idea what possessed him to do that. I was completely baffled by this whole thing.

"I was trying to help you, Jackson."

I covered my face with my hands before I looked at him again. "Where is she?"

"She took off."

Panic overrode me. "Its pouring outside," I said like Ryan had no idea.

"I know."

I needed my keys. That's what I needed. I needed to go after her. I started feeling my pants pockets and cursed under my breath when I realized I didn't have them. Where the hell were they?

"What are you--" Ryan started before I cut him off.

"Give me your keys," I commanded. "I'm going after her."

I knew he could tell by my expression that I wasn't going to back down. She could be hurt out there. He handed me the keys and told me to be careful before I ran out of the mansion and straight for his truck.

I left the mansion and started driving slowly, trying to look out for her car. After driving about four miles, I saw a car that was parked on the wrong side of the road, completely sideways. Something inside me told me it was hers. My chest tightened with fear as I pulled over and jumped out of the truck.

I yanked the door open and sighed with relief when I saw she was conscious. I tried to assess her for injuries, but it was hard to see.

"What are you doing here?" She asked with a shaky voice. My eyes met hers and I saw the mascara that started to run down her face. She had been crying.

"Princess, let me take you back to the mansion. It's not safe here."

"I don't want to go back there," she bit out.