Gift Box

A knock came from Eddies front door and Eddies nerves kicked in. Answering the door could be seen as the worst nightmare of a boy like Eddie, who gets nervous over the slightest things. (He once worried about his exams, even though he finished high school the previous year.)
He wandered towards the door and saw a lanky silhouette through the uneven glass windows. Phew, it's only Richie.
The door flew open to reveal the lanky boy, who had a large, baby blue box in his hands. A huge grin was plastered to the boys face as he walked in, kissing eddies cheek as he took off his muddy Black Vans.
The mysterious box landed in Eddies hands, a tag reading "For my Eds" tapped to the lid of the box. Excitement shot through eddies veins. A present? For him? Yes please!
Eddies mindset was still one of a 11 year on on Christmas whenever receiving a present, so a large smile grew on his face as he took the box into his bedroom. Richie followed suit, and sat himself down on the edge of eddies memory foam bed. Richie gestured for Eddie to sit on his lap and Eddie did so, the box taking its place on eddies knees.
Richie our his arms around eddies waist and snuggled his head into eddies small shoulder, peeking over and watching him open his special gift in anticipation.
The lid was set aside, revealing a box full to the brim with polystyrene packing peanuts. Eddie looked over his shoulder at his boyfriend, a cute yet confused expression crossed his face.
"You've gotta dig your way through the nuts to get your presents bubba" Richie smirked, receiving a nudge from Eddie for the subtle sex joke. Eddie began to dig through the polystyrene when he came across his first present, a framed photo of himself and Richie when they were a lot younger.
"How old were we here, Rich?"
"I'd just turned thirteen, you were twelve Eds"
Eddie smiled down at the photograph, waves of memories hitting him and drowning his thoughts. Richie has kept the photo for a total of six years, Richie being nineteen now and Eddie being eighteen.
"I love it" Eddie proclaimed, still smiling from the all memories the photograph held.
"Come on slowcoach! There's still loads of presents in there for you! Get in there Dr. K!" Richie said in his stupid British accent. Eddie tolled his eyes and picked out another present.
A silver plated necklace lay in Eddies small hands, a small lock hung from it, their anniversary date engraved into it.
"Bubba I love it" Eddie Beamed, hooking the jewellery around his neck. Eddie turned and gave Richie a quick kiss on the lips. The kiss was soft and meaningful, but Richie wished it lasted longer than it had done.
Eddies hands roamed the box for afew more presents, each one getting better and better as he found them, until Eddie put his hand into the box one last time.
A small, black box came from the polystyrene, and Richie removed the box from eddies lap.
Eddie opened the small box, and inside lay a silver ring, and as the necklace had, their date was engraved into the inside of the ring.
"I'm afraid that date's gonna change very soon Eds" Richie stares, spinning Eddie around in his lap so that they were facing each other.
Richie began to speak again.
"Eddie Spaghetti Kaspbrak, we've been together for almost three and a half years, and I couldn't be happier with you buddy. God, you're just the most perfect boy in the world, excluding myself, and I love you too much for my own good sometimes. I'm so privileged to have the chance to be with you until the end of our lives, and I wouldn't mess up that chance for the world. So, Eds, will you do me the honours of being my husband?" Richie choked out the last Sentence as tears filled his eyes. Eddie held onto the little box and nodded his head furiously, tears spilling from his eyes and small sobs coming from his lips. Richie began to cry too. He wouldn't usually cry in front of Eddie, but they both knew that their tears were tears of joy and pure bliss. They're going to get married, and they couldn't have wished for better people to share their lives with.
Eddies arms made their way around Richies neck, eddies legs tightening the grip around his waist. The two boys cuddle and talk for awhile, Eddie already talking about their wedding and what colour suit he and Richie should wear.
It's safe to say that the boys are happy, very happy infact, and that doesn't change for the rest of their lives.

BONUS - WEDDING AFTER PARTY
The boys were now officially married, husband and husband, partners for life, and they were ecstatic. Eddie wore a medium red suit and burgundy tie, accompanied with a white shirt. Richie wore a Dark blue suit with a Black shirt and tie. Both boys looked beautiful, and their suits complimented in colour.
The after party began and Richie was already on the alcohol. Eddie joined him for once, and soon enough, they were both dancing with each other in the centre of the room. All the losers and their families went to the wedding and the party, and they were all so happy to be together in one place again. Before they all got drunk they reflected on past memories, like when Richie and Eddie would flirt constantly and never admit it.
Richie and Eddie gave speeches to each other in front of all their friends and family (Sonia wasn't invited) and enjoyed their first night of being what they always felt they were to each other.
Husband and Husband.