Soulmates (REMAKE)

Picture above is a note I made to remind myself to rewrite that awful chapter I made awhile back. It was late and I didn't have time to write it so that's what I told myself lol. Anyway, enjoy!

"Holy Shit Stan did you see that! I did- I- holy fucking shi-"

"Yes. But then you fell and scraped both of your knees and you're now bleeding." Stan kept a straight face as he walked over to the limping boy, taking his skateboard infer his arm and helping the injured boy walk home.

"Seriously, you need to be more careful" Stanley warmed as they edged closer to Richies house, knowing full well his mother would be annoyed by yet another dangerous stunt. "You're going to get yourself killed someday"

"Not my fault I'm so cool" Richie laughed "and besides, I'm having fun! A little pain is worth it"

-

"Where the fuck are these scrapes coming from. It's every fucking Sunday evening!" Eddie paced his room, bill sat crosslegged on the bed beside him.
"I know about all that soulmate bullshit, but if that girl knew what pain she's putting me through I'm sure she wouldn't do it!"

"she's p-p-probably quite a rebellious girl ifs-she keeps hurting hers-self" Bill stuttered as he tried to think of who it could possibly be.
Eddie wasn't really the type of person to stray away from his friendship group or the people he knew, but bill couldn't think of any girls that would be like this.

"No shit bill." Eddie sighed, taking a seat next to Bill on the rickety bed. "I just wish I knew. Maybe then I could tell them to calm down"

"I'm s-sure we'll figure it out. Don't worry t-too much about it" bill patted Eddies back, and the conversation swiftly transitioned into other topics. Once bill left eddies house, Eddie got his clothes ready for his next day of school and went to sleep, his mystery soulmate being the last thing on his mind.

-

During school the next day, Eddie hasn't seen Richie once. By lunchtime, he was worried he'd died or was skipping school, so he asked Stan about him, knowing he'd been with him the day previous.

"He can't walk by himself, the idiot hurt his knees skateboarding and I had to limp him home"
"He what? Hurt his knees?" Eddie questioned, in disbelief already, but brushed off his suspicions swiftly.
"He fell off his skateboard doing a shitty trick. It wasn't even good-"
"Can I see him after school, d'ya think?" Eddie needed to check on Richie, for some reason it pained him knowing that he was in pain and wasn't near him. Stan just nodded in return, confused as to why Eddie would want to see the annoying prick more than he needed to-

"I'm going to head to class, I'll see you all later" Eddie smiled as he left, the last two lessons of his day droning I'm awfully slowly.

-

Richie limped to his door, his crutches not doing much for his legs as he struggled to understand how to use them in the first place. The doorbell rang again and Richie scoffed at the persons impatience.

"Alright, alright, the cripple is coming" he shouted, eventually opening the door to reveal a small boy with a look of immense concern on his face. Eddie quickly embraced Richie, the both of them almost falling over, causing Richie to moan from the pain.

"Shit, sorry rich"
"S'fine Eddie Spaghetti"
"Don't call me that."

The two made their way to Richies room, groans coming from Richie as he dramatically limped up the stairs. Eddie followed closely behind him making sure he didn't fall and kill himself.

Small conversation filled the air for awhile. Eddie and Richie sat dangerously close to one another without even realising. Eddie then remembered the previous evening he'd had with Bill, the sudden bruises and cuts that slashed his knees. His knees...

"So how did you do this then Rich? You're always bruised in someway or another." Eddie questioned eagerly and Richie cleared his throat.

"Well Edward Spaghedward, because I'm such a cool guy, I'm always doing dangerous cool stuff, I just so happened to hurt myself this time-"

"And every other time-"

"But anyway, I was on a higher wall and I fell off and fell awkwardly. I twisted my ankle and scraped my knees on the concrete" Richie brushes it off as if it were nothing and Eddie processed the information.

"What time did you do it?"

"I don't check the time every time I hurt myself. I'm not a loser-"

"Answer the question, dickhead" Eddie smacked Richie upside the head.

"Jesus, Okay! It was around five I think. I got home at half five after hurting myself." Richies tone was serious, and eddies eyebrows knitted together as he pieced the puzzle together.

"Can I see your injuries?" Eddie asked after some time, and Richie rid the bandage from his knees.

To Eddies disbelief, the bruises were the exact same as his own.

Eddie pulled up his shorts to reveal identical cuts, and Richies eyes widened.

"Holy shit, they look the exact same as mine?"

"Do you know what this means?" Eddie questioned and Richie shook his head.

"Don't take this weirdly, I'm already shocked enough" Eddie said, his face running paler by the second. "But we're soulmates. Which means we're the-"

"Best match for each other in this lifetime" Richie finished, staring into Eddies honey brown eyes. "I can see it, actually. Us being soulmates" he continued and Eddie smiled up at him, his eyes tearing up slightly.

"I'm sorry for shoving that on you when you're in pain, I should've waited for a better time, maybe seen if you like me first? I don't know, but now seems like a-" Eddie was cut off by a pair of lips placed upon his own, warmth flooding his entire body. A sweet numbness cascading through his veins as his arms cupped Richies cheeks. His nerves were set alight, his inexperience terrifying him as Richie moved the smaller boy into his lap. They continued as they were, motionless from fear, but still loving it nonetheless. Richie pulled away and rested his head against Eddies, catching their breaths (while Eddie fought the urge to ruin the moment to use his inhaler)

"Being soulmates doesn't seem to bad to me" Richie smirked and Eddie copies, nodding his head.

"If it means I can spend more time with my Eddie spaghetti" Richie said, which resulted in a smack on the arm.

"Just because we're meant to be, doesn't mean you can call me that"

"Sorry, Ed's-"

"For fuck sake."

I found this chapter in the drafts a year after writing it so I thought I may aswell post it, since it's most likely the past chapter I'll ever write :) thanks everyone for all the love on this crappy little book, it means a lot :D