Lovers to Foes

"I'm sick, I'm tired, I'm completely fed up of all your shit! You never take me seriously, and you always, ALWAYS manage to set me off, I'm done. I'm done with all of your shit, for good this time, and I mean it." Eddie screamed as tears streaked his reddened face. His eyes bared a pain that Richie had never seen before. The taller boy hadn't any idea as to what he should say, as no words could fix the broken heart of his now ex-lover.

The idea of Eddie being Richie's past and not his future ripped out his shrunken heart, ripping it to shreds, then proceeding to sew it back together with an insanely sharp needle, each stitch being more painful than the last.

As tears cascaded down Richies freckled cheeks, his eyes swollen from his salty tears, he babbled, pleading Eddie to give him one final chance.

"Eddie please, I promise you I'll try harder. Promise you I'll be as good as you deserve, more than you deserve, even. Anything to still have you by my side. I can't live without you-"

"Well you're going to have to learn to live without me, aren't you." Eddie choked on his tears as they continued to spill. "All the chances and now you ask for more? The audacity you have, Richard Tozier, is sickening."

Richie was left speechless. He hadnt anything to say that would truly cause his Eddie to change his mind. He was set on the idea of the two of them being separated, and it seemed surreal.

The most lovely, perfect couple was arguing, screaming in each other's faces, crying, insults flying back and forth like a tennis ball on a court.

Though only one of the boys meant all that they said, venom laced within the words he spat at the curly haired boy, who took the insults and felt his heart burn with each and every one of them.

"Get out of my life, I can't even bare to look at you." Eddie continued. "You're sick! Taking everything as a joke! Don't you ever think that could cause some harm to me? When I'm being serious and you laugh in my face, make jokes as if it's all a funny joke. Well, you're a joke to me. You're vile, I hate you, and I mean it."

All Eddie could see was red. Anger. Pain. Hatred. All the emotions that the boy stood before him has inflicted upon him.

Richie, struggling to breathe, stood stunned before the shorter boy. His words withheld so much hatred, so much confidence, it was like he truly meant it.

And he truly did.

Bowing his head, Richie turned on his heels and steadily walked away from the nightmare before him, his hair hanging low in his swollen face. Richie hopes for Eddie to call from behind him, telling him he didn't mean all the loathsome comments he spat at him, asking him to forgive him. However, Eddie proceeded to walk the opposite direction, not a single ounce of regret filled his veins.

As Richie sauntered home, the last words Eddie would ever say to him ring in his ears, his chest becoming heavier and heavier with each and every step.

"I hate you, and I mean it"