Haunted

A draft. I haven't posted for ages because I've needed some space from writing while I figure myself out. I haven't checked over this chapter for spelling mistakes so feel free to correct me :) hope you enjoy this short chapter
-
Richie lay on his bed, the phantom of his close friend haunting him as the coldness of his surroundings engulf him, his heart aching and his eyes bleeding salty tears as he remembers their relationship, a ghost of his past.

Scrunched tissues lay absently beside him on the half-empty bed, his soft covers twisted around his body in an attempt to feel warmth again- the warmth that Eddie gave him when he was once there. Soft music hummed in the background from the kitchen where his parents could he heard laughing together, their lives appearing to be so much brighter than Richie's was. He felt although he was wandering the earth, an indescribable place filled with vibrant and overwhelming colour, but he was colourblind, unable to see the world for what it was made for. Everyone surrounding him could see the brightness of the sun, and the pinky tinge the sky faded to when the sun began to set, the beauty of the flowers in the fields, but he couldn't see its perfection, and felt as if he would never have the chance.

The boy's sister would occasionally pass by the door, three light knocks against the wall could be heard before her head popped into the room, a smile on her face that tainted Richie's look of despair. The same question was always asked, and the same answer was always received.

'Yes, I'm alright. Don't worry about me.'

A curt nod and a short-lived smile followed and the two parted ways again, his sister growing more and more worried as the days and weeks and months inevitably passed, her brother continuing to suffer and hate the world surrounding him. 

Rain raced down the double-glazed window that towered beside his bed, it being the only form of light that entered his bedroom. The curly haired boy lay in darkness and sorrow for weeks, waiting patiently in silence for his old friends to pass by his house, their laughter and casual conversation filling his ears and stabbing his brain like a thousand knifes. He couldn't bare it, but he knew he had no other choice but to listen. To envy. To reminisce.

And so, as the rain lightly tapped at his window, and as his beloved family enjoyed each others company on that rainy afternoon, Richie Tozier stay silent, the ghost of his past love haunting him once again.