IX

"This... this is yours?" Jimin asked when Jungkook pushed his sketchbook into te boy's unexpecting hands.

The two men had descended to the thirdclass departement so that Jungkook could retrieve his work and now sat on the lower bunk of his bed.

It was a little akward in the tiny room, but thankfully Taehyung and the other two men he shared the cabin with weren't present.

Jimin didn't seem to pay any mind to how small Jungkook's cabin was and opened his sketchbook right away.

Jungkook guessed that maybe he should have given Jimin a warning before showing him the drawings, since the man's eyes immediatly widened as if he'd seen something horrible.

"Oh... wow..."

Jimin sucked in his lips as his eyes glided along the paper. "You... this is..."

"Speechless?" Jungkook asked, amused at how baffled Jimin looked.

"A little..." Jimin said, gulping at the explicit drawings littered over the pages of Jungkook's sketchbooks.

Breasts, torso's, naked body's, faces of women with many different expressions and sometimes with quotes or poems written next to them.

Jimin wasn't sure what to say or feel. He'd never expected this from the creative young man, but maybe he should've.

"W-why?" Jimin found himself asking, even though he realised that might've come out wrong.

Jungkook chuckled like an excited child. "When I travel I like to draw people that I meet. People that intrigue me. See this... this was in Italy... Spain... France..."

Jungkook pointed to the different women on the pages. "It fascinates me..."

Jimin nodded and kept flipping through the pages as if he was searching for something. "Right..." he said, biting his lips subcontiously as he grew a little nervous.

Jungkook glanced at Jimin's serious expression and smiled. "Trying to find a man among them?"

Jimin's head shot up as his eyes blew wide. "What? N-no why would I-"

Jungkook smirkes smugly, licking his lips before beginning to explain.

"It's hard to find men who would want to pose nude. And honestly, I've never found one who I would even want to draw. I love drawing gentle subjects, bringing out a sense of innoncence even in a risque pose. Some of these women were whores or single wives with children. Widows, homeless, lives ruined without anyone knowing or blinking an eye. But once I draw them, something shifts in their faces. Like it's been so long since someone has looked at them and appreciated what they saw. It made them feel like they didn't have to be perfect for their beauty to be appreciated. "

Jimin stared at Jungkook as the young man spoke, finding himself getting drawn in by the passion sparking in his eyes.

"I saw a longing for that in your eyes too you know..." Jungkook said softly, taking Jimin's hand from the book and capturing it in his own.

Jimin's lips broke apart indignantly before he slowly took his hand back. "So... I'm just like these women? Someone that fascinated you? Someone desperate for attention?"

Jimin closed Jungkook's book and placed it on the bed as if he never wanted to look at it again.

Jungkook's face fell as if he'd caught a bad stomache ache. "What? What are you saying my flower?"

"Don't call me that," Jimin said sternly, facing away from Jungkook trying to hide the pain he suddenly felt.

Jungkook shook his head, missing the part where he disrespected Jimin in any way. "I... I think I'm not explaining myself correctly..."