XVI

"I want my daddy!" The child screamed at a pitch that nearly made Jimin's ears bleed as he carried the girl in his arms.

"We're bringing you to your daddy," Jungkook said, looking left and right to find the way back outside.

"Daddy!!" The child kept whining with a red face and tears dripping down her cheeks.

"It's okay little Ann," Jimin shushed, stroking the girl's tiny hands as he made her look at him for a moment, distracting her as Jungkook tried to find the safest way back.

"We'll find your daddy, that man over there is a spy and his mission is to rescue you and your dolly," Jimin said with a smile, melting at how the girl's lips formed into a sad pout.

"Really?" She asked, wiping her running nose.

Jimin nodded, tucking a few strands of copper hair behind the girl's ear.

"Promise?" The child asked, holding up her adorable little pinky as she looked at Jimin with watery eyes.

"Cross my heart," Jimin said, scrunching his nose at the poor child and intertwining their pinkies.

In the corner of Jimin's vision, Jimin saw Jungkook stare at him.

"Jungkook? Did you find the right direction?" He asked, turning his attention away from the child.

Ann however, had been completely bought by Jimin's charm and wrapped her arms around him, leaning her head on his shoulder in a gesture of immense trust.

Jimin smiled at Jungkook, his heart swelling at the sweet little girl in his arms.

But when he saw Jungkook's face his smile fell quickly, as the boy had tears welling up in his eyes.

"Uhm..." Jungkook cleared his throat. "Yes follow me I found the right way."

Jimin wanted to stop his lover but the man had already disppeared behind the corner.

"Alright... let's go little Ann..." he said quietly, taking a deep breath as he tried to stay strong.

The ship had started slanting, half of it coming up higher than the other.

Only the lifeboats on the lower half of the ship could still leave, so the men quickly made their way towards them.

"Jungkook what was the man called?" Jimin asked, his eyes searching for someone he'd never even met.

"You'll kill me but I didn't ask," Jungkook said without looking at Jimin, already knowing he would be met with an intense glare if he did.

"Ann dear what is your father's name?" Jimin asked, a shudder from the cold wind taking him by suprise.

"Archi is what his friends call him but I don't know his full name," Ann said on a quiet tone, burying her face on Jimin's shoulder as if she'd done something wrong.

"That's okay Ann don't worry," Jimin said, petting the girl's hair as he looked around again.

"Archi!?" He yelled, "Archi!?" Jungkook added.

The men ran over the deck, feeling the boat tilt further out of balance as more time went on.

"Where is my father?" The girl asked sadly.

Jimin and Jungkook shared a panicked look.

The last lifeboats would be leaving soon, and this girl couldn't wait any longer.

Jimin saw one of the last lifeboats being filled with people and ran towards it, nearly slipping as he did so.

"Jimin!" Jungkook yelled, speeding after the boy through the heavy crowd.