XV

"Young man sit down!"

Jimin stood up and stuggeled to keep his balance as he looked at the railing in front of him, reminding himself now or never before taking a leap of faith and launching himself at the side of the ship.

His heart nearly stopped as he clung to the metal railing with all his might, trying hard to drag himself over it.

Some people came to the young man's aid, hauling him in though they judged him intensely.

"He lost his mind," one person said, "what a fool," said another.

But Jimin couldn't care less.

"Jungkook," he whispered to himself again, rising to his feet with the aid of some bystanders.

Jimin rid himself of the helping hands and sprinted inside, running straight towards the elevator.

~~~

Jungkook was taking steady breaths trying to figure out what to do next.

He came up with a plan to help people that might be stuck on lower floors, thinking that if his fait was sealed anyway, he'd better aid people that still had a chance.

Though Jungkook knew he was supposed to be sad, he had never felt more relieved. Jimin was safe, his precious flower would live on.

That was all he could've hoped for.

In the end he wouldn't regret his choice, he'd be glad.

Jungkook made his way past the chaos on the top deck trying to find any people that were lost.

"Excuse me sir, have you seen my daughter? I'm not sure we said goodbye and..."

The man that had randomly adressed Jungkook couldn't speak further, the words staying stuck in his throat.

Jungkook placed a comforting hand on the man's arm and gave a curt nod.

"I will look for her, can you tell me her name and what she looks like?"

The man gave Jungkook a weak smile of gradetude through his grief. "Her name is Ann, Ann Durman, she has red curls and a pale face with freckles, she shouldn't be hard to find..."

Jungkook nodded and tried to give the man a warm smile. "I'll find her don't worry."

Jungkook started looking right away, sometimes jumping up in the air to locate the girl he was searching for among the crowd.

"Ann Durman!!" He yelled, running from one side of the ship to the other. "Ann Durman!?" He repeated.

Jungkook sighed deeply, wondering where else he could look further though the girl's name never left his lips.

"Ann Durma-!"

"Who is this Ann you keep calling?" Someone behind Jungkook asked, sounding out of breath as if he'd just run a marathon.

Jungkook recognised the tone of the voice instantly, the tone that sounded like sweet honey and milk, the voice that could calm Jungkook through a storm of nightmares.

But no, it couldn't be true...

Jungkook turned around, afraid of who he'd see, but barely had any time to register what was going on before Jimin launched himself into his embrace.