XIII

"Sorry for what? What happened?" Jungkook asked, threatingly nearing Namjoon as he finally started feeling unnerved.

Namjoon drew in a sharp breath, his eyes escaping to Jimin. "We hit an iceberg Jimin... it... it tore a hole through the hull..."

Jimin's face paled as if he'd eaten something bad. He shook his head, his entire body disagreeing with those words. It couldn't be true...

Namjoon lowered his head as he saw the same hopeless expression he wore being passed on to Jimin.

"Don't tell anyone yet, I have to speak with the captain first and make sure the people stay calm. If panic errupts people will die before the ship even-..."

Namjoon sucked in his lips, appearing on the verge of crying.

"You mean... you mean the ship is gonna sink?" Jungkook asked, only now realising what Jimin had already known to be true since he'd first seen Namjoon's face.

Namjoon and Jimin remained silent, making Jungkook panick even more. "But... this is the Titanic... it can't sink... have you seen how big this thing is?"

"He created it Jungkook," Jimin said quietly, the fait that was surely awaiting most people on the ship hitting him hard.

"Jimin... do you remember what I told you? About the lifeboats?"

Jimin met Namjoon's eyes and felt as if all colour got drained from the world, his heart sinking to his shoes and nearly dragging him with it.

"N-no... there has to be a way to fix this... can't you call for help? Can't you... isn't there..."

Jimin started getting lightheaded, the freezing wind feeling as if it was chocking him.

Crew jogged around on the deck like chicken without their heads, faces struck with panick that they tried to hide.

"I have to go," Namjoon said, checking his pocketwatch again before running off.

"Hey wait up-"

Jimin held his hand against Jungkook's chest so the man wouldn't chase after Namjoon.

"Jungkook, there are only enough lifeboats for half of the passengers on board..." he said, his voice barren of any emotion. "You know who"ll be the first to get on them..."

Jungkook had trouble processing all the information coming at him at once. "Tae..." he whispered, "my friend Taehyung he's still in third class... below deck that's where the iceberg hit!"

"Jimin, I have to go help him," Jungkook said, making up his mind right away.

"I'll go with you," Jimin said immediatly, firmly taking Jungkook's hand.

Jungkook glanced at Jimin, his initial determination fading slightly. "Jimin it's dangerous... you're first class, they'll let you on one of those boats."

"Are you crazy? Do you think I'm leaving without you? They'll only accept women and children first anyway and though you tend to treat me as one I am not a woman."

Jimin pulled Jungkook with him to go back inside the ship, not giving Jungkook time to come up with a counter argument.

As they went on their way to find the elevator, a stream of people ran past the two men.

"You're going in the wrong direction my boys," one man with a high hat and round glassses told Jimin and Jungkook as he squeezed past, holding onto his suitcase as if there'd be any space for it on the lifeboats.

Jungkook and Jimin spared the man no attention, focused on getting to third class as quickly as possible.

"Jimin!?"