Chapter 9

Ella

So here I was, two months later in December. It was 4 degrees outside but Ben and I didn't care. We could only see each other at school so we made the most of it. For example, right now we were making out by my car. I could only stay here for ten more minutes before my dad would get suspicious. I still was grounded for the night at the party.

My phone beeped. I stepped away from Ben and glanced at it. Two new messages from Mike and Jacob. I opened Mike's. After glancing at it I stated, "It's my brother. He wants me home."

Ben who still had his arms wrapped around me even though we were no longer kissing, sighed and dropped his arms. "This is so stupid. The party was in September. That was two months ago. You dad needs to get over himself."

I glared at him as I shoved my phone in my pocket. My dad had every right to not like Ben. He thought Ben was disrespectful to me. Ben dissing my father doesn't help his case. "I know," I sighed.

Ben gave me puppy dog eyes and frowned. "We haven't even hooked up in a month." He whispered, "I'm lonely."

I frowned again. When Ben and I agreed to date in secret I had already hooked up with him once. We did it once another time about a month ago. Ben had gotten me to sneak out of the house. It was the first time I'd snuck out and hopefully the last time I'd ever do that.

As if reading my mind, Ben begged, "Can't you just sneak out one more time?"

I sighed. I liked Ben. I really did. And I wanted to keep him happy. I knew all about guys like him. The popular jocks that had girls lined up around the block for them. If you didn't keep them happy then they'd just go to the next girl. Or, even worse, cheat on you.

"Ben, I can't risk sneaking out again." He frowned and rolled his eyes. A month without sex was a long time for these guys. He was getting antsy. Anxiety was beginning to creep up on me as I thought about him being with another girl. So I raised an eyebrow seductively and added, "But you could sneak in."

Ben's face lit up at my comment. "I'm listening."

***

My phone's alarm woke me up at 2 AM on Saturday morning. Ben was planning on getting here at 2:30. I jumped out of my bed and hurried to brush my teeth - nothing was more unattractive than bad breath. Then I glanced at myself in the mirror. My pj's weren't really pj's. I always wore a tank top and cut off sweatpants to bed. That could be considered attractive. My hair was a mess so I quickly ran a brush through it.

It had barely even been ten minutes when I got a text from Ben saying he was here.

He buzzed the doorbell thing and I thanked my lucky stars that nobody in the house seemed to hear it. I buzzed him in. There was a quiet knock on the front door. As soon as I turned the handle he threw the door open and started to kiss me. In between kisses I mumbled, "You're twenty minutes early."

Ben, beginning to pull my tank top off, said, "I couldn't wait."

I heard a door open down the hall and footsteps followed. It was Grayson going to the bathroom. I shoved my boyfriend off of me. We both crouched down behind the steps. I was freaking out. Ben was just fine. A few minutes later Grayson shut off the bathroom lights and went back to his room.

Ben tried to stand up but I grabbed his shirt and held him down for a few seconds to make sure Grayson wouldn't come out again. Then, pulling him up by his shirt, I hurried us into my room.

Once the door was shut Grayson's lips were on mine again. He didn't even hesitate for a second when pulling my tank top off. I jumped up and wrapped my legs around him. He carried me to my bed and dropped me on my back. He quickly followed landing on top of me.

We both were panting by the end of it. Under the sheets I rolled over to face him. He smiled and kissed me. The sheets were halfway covering my body but my bra was still on so I didn't make them cover my upper half. I smiled back at Ben. But under that I had this weird feeling...almost the feeling of being used. It was then that I realized we hadn't said I love you. And that I didn't want to.

Then, barely a second after, my door slammed open. "El, Grayson said he heard some -," Mike stopped quickly when he saw me. I hurried to cover myself with the sheets. "Holy shit Ella!"

I threw a pillow at my brother. "Quiet down idiot. Get out. I'll come out."

Mike shut the door and hurried to get dressed as I mumbled curse words under my breath.

"El," Ben said in a tired, annoyed voice, "it's no big deal."

I glared at him completely shocked. "No big deal? My brother just saw me half naked with the boy I'm not supposed to be seeing!" I was so mad that I wanted to cry. I didn't want my brother to think of me as some slut.

Ben just rolled his eyes as if I was being ridiculous. I scowled and stomped out of the room, silently yelling at myself for having sex with this guy.

As soon as I stepped out of the room the lecture started. "Ella, what the hell is wrong with you?" Mike asked as I shut my bedroom door behind me.

I slapped his shoulder. "Mike shut up," I hissed. Dad could wake up any second.

"You're still seeing him?"

I crossed my arms defensively. "What do you expect. He's my boyfriend."

"El..." my brother begged, as if one word would change my mind. I hardened my stare. "He took advantage of you while you were drunk."

I shrugged. This was true. "And you left me with him in that state. It's as much your fault as his. I forgave you."

Mike put his hands on his hips. "Your telling me that you really think that this is a good idea? He already convinced you to drink, have sex, and to sneak him in at 2 AM."

"Mike," I said sighing, "you have to trust me."

Mike sighed and rubbed his forehead. "Fine. But get him out of here now."

I nodded before dragging my boyfriend out of my room. Ben wasn't happy that he couldn't spend the night.