Chapter 18

Ella

My brother called me so I threw one last glare at this Jacob guy. It was hard not to stare at him. He was hot, really hot. His blond hair was falling effortlessly into his blue eyes. His muscles were shaped perfectly in his gray shirt.

But he was a football player who cannot throw a ball. If that wasn't enough, his name was Jacob. I hated that name now.

I walked to my dorm by myself, insisting that I wanted to introduce myself to my roommate before my family attacked her. But instead when I walked into the room, she attacked me.

I hugged her back, a smile was growing on my face. When she pulled away she was bouncing on her feet. "Hi!" she exclaimed. "I'm Rebecca. Your roomie!"

I couldn't help it. I laughed. Rebecca was a short girl with curly blond hair. She dressed like a modern day hippy - cutoff jeans, a brown and pink flowery shirt, sandals, and a lot of bracelets and jewelry.

"Ella," I stated. "Are you instate?"
Rebecca shook her head, There was a box on her bed. She pulled out a microwave and coffeemaker. According to the school one person should bring those and another should bring a TV. "I'm from Nebraska. What about you?"

I sat down on my bed. My dad had put on the sheets already. They gave us a complementary CU blanket. It was folded at the end of the bed. I also had a desk that was filled with desk supplies and a computer. "I'm from New York."
"That must be fun." Rebecca began to undo a box and decorate the space around her bed. She had a scarf hanging on the wall spread out so it looked like a drape. She was clearly a modern day hippie.

"Not really."

Right as I was going to start a rant about New York there was a knock at my door. A few seconds later my dad and brothers walked in. "This is the last box," Dad said.

Rebecca sat up and introduced herself to my dad and brothers. After that was done my knees started to shake. I knew what time it was. It was time for them to go. For the first time I'd be on my own.

"Bye Ella," Mike said as he pulled me into a hug. "Remember to call." I nodded, not able to respond.

Dad hugged me tight but didn't say anything. He looked like he was going to cry if he talked. Then I looked around for Grayson. He wasn't there. "He said he wasn't coming up."

I looked at the ground, my eyes tearing up. My baby brother wasn't going to say goodbye. "It's fine. It doesn't matter," I stated. I pulled them into a hug again. "See you at Christmas."

***

Two days later I woke up to the sound of my alarm beeping. Rebecca, who was still trying to sleep, threw a pillow at me in an attempt to get the thing to shut off. I'd decided to take all morning classes because then I'd be off by 12 everyday. Great idea, right? Didn't seem so great now.

Today was the first day of official classes. I had my pre calculus class since I just had to want to do Pre Med. Math and I weren't friends.

I walked into the bathroom we shared with the dorm next to us and took a shower. After grabbing jeans and a t-shirt I put my hair up in a ponytail. I grabbed my bag and walked to the school's bus stop. 

Jacob

After I chose to be a business and marketing major, the college advisors said that they recommended that I take pre calculus even though I took it in high school. When I heard my alarm go off this morning, I quickly regretted taking this class first thing in the morning.

But as I walked in the building I saw a girl getting off the bus and walking towards the building. Then as she got closer, I realized that it was Ella. "Hey," I called as I walked towards her. She really was pretty. Her hair was in a high ponytail so you could see a clear view of her face. Her nose was lined with freckles and she had deep blue eyes. Ella was tall for a girl. She was only a few inches shorter than me. "You're Ella, right?"

Ella glanced at me, probably wondering who was talking to her. She saw that it was me and quickly started to walk faster, clearly trying to avoid me. I just increased my speed as well. "You remember me?" I put on my most sexy smirk. She didn't fall for it.

She glared at me before giving me a sarcastic nod. "Yeah," she said. "You're the asshole who can't throw a ball."

I smiled. "Yep. That's me. Looks like was have pre calculus together." Her whole body sighed and I could tell that she was about to punch me. I looked at her.

This was going to be a fun year.