The struggle of denial

Well, here I was in a hospital bed in the ER. I was stripped down to nothing but a thin layer of gown, shivering because they kept the place so d*mn cold. The lights were f*cking bright too. How did I manage to sleep there? The cemetery was cozier. I got to see the stars.

There, I saw blank nothing everywhere. At least I felt something, but it wasn't pleasant. Anger. Anger at Turner for putting me there. He had no right. This is MY life. I'm 15. I'm no kid. I can get my way around. I know more than people think. I know I didn't belong there in that hospital bed. Hospitals are for sick people. I'm not sick. Wasn't then. Not now.

I tried to move my arms, but they didn't budge. I looked down and saw they were tied down to the bed with tubes attached to my wrists. There was a bag of blood. At least I had my freedom lying in my tomb. Sh*t! Where was everyone? Turner just dumped me there and left me. The nerve.

Wait'll I get out of here (I thought at the time). He'll have another thing coming to him. I'm strong. I should be able to untie myself, but that cranky looking nurse with a wart the size of a cantaloupe smacks my hand. I wish looks could kill. She'd be a goner. Where will they take me from here? I'm afraid to ask.