I give up

My last day of the torture

The place broke me. Hearing the stories of the other kids was really gut wrenching. We had mandatory "story time" where we went around the room and shared what brought us there. It was terrible. Of course, like I do, I make something up, something a smart *ss would say. It was refreshing. I missed being funny. The councilors didn't find it so funny. They were going to make me say my story at the end still. One of the kids in particular had abusive parents who would knock them and their siblings' heads together, and stuff like that. There were lots more stories of abuse and neglect. Halfway through the time, I couldn't take it anymore. If I didn't leave pronto, I knew the waterworks would come. I ran. Ran as fast as I could until I reached a dead end. They screamed "manpower", whatever that means. All I knew next was five people charging at me with clenched fists. I felt like a matador with a bunch of charging bulls. haha. Except I didn't have any red on. Shame. Could've made a game of it. I was not going to take it. I dodged them good until one of them "accidentally" tripped me. I landed square on my nose. Yep. The tears came rolling down. It felt like no one understood. No one cared. They were just doing their job to get money and shuffle kids through the stupid system. I spit at them. They didn't like that very much. Next thing I knew, I was handcuffed to a bed in what they called the "quiet room". They gave me a shot that was supposed to calm me down. Yeah right. It was probably some kind of poison. I didn't mind the quiet though. At least I didn't have to see their ugly faces for a few hours and then Turner would pick me up.