chapter 4

as soon as i open the door, the loud chatter happening on the outside stops and everyone who was at the door turns to look at us. at first it was just awkward silence. some people tried to give us small smiles, waves, etc.

then, a loud cough was heard from someone behind
the group of people. everyone turned at the source of the noise to find my father. he silently looked at everyone and they, one by one, slowly left to their work places.

"hello father." i say nervously. after all, it was him who called me here in the first place.

"hey sehyoon. so what did you find out about him?"

"his full name is kim byeonkwan, about 19 years old. he wasn't the one who caused the problem but was rude to the old woman, but it was fair enough. i see no point in keeping him here so he may go."

"hmm, very well. you can walk him out of here."

"no need for that i can find the way out myself." the guy suddenly said and walked past me and my father. he never looked back and i felt weird watching him go.

"um father, is it ok having him walking around the building by himself? he might get lost.." i asked him with a little concern heard in my voice.

"nah i'm sure he will be fine. instead, you should go and work on the paperwork that you left behind the other day." he laughs at me as i look at him with an annoyed expression.

we part our ways as i go to do my work and he goes to probably work on another case.

*not edited*