ONE !

CHAPTER ONE:
LOST.

THE SCHOOL HALLS were flooded with whispers. gossip was exchanged like pocker chips between groups of students as they passed in the halls, all in the form of overpowering whispers. nancy christian never gave into the trade, it was something she found unnerving in the simplest of ways. teenagers nowadays were incredibly spiteful and nancy had vowed never to stoop to their level.

word in the halls was that max mills had dumped his girlfriend following a series of heated rows at kelly anderson's 18th birthday party. a party to which nancy didn't attend. the breakup didn't come as a shock to her however, she didn't imagine them to last with both of their previous reputations.

max mills was the schools 'bad guy'. no one knew exactly what he had done to get the reputation but everyone knew to stay away. that's just how it had always been. people were scared of him, and he used that to his advantage.

nancy felt an arm snake around her waist as a pair of lips found home in the crook of her neck.

"jake...jake, stop," she giggled, the firm hand of her boyfriend turning her around to face him.

"hi," he whispered.

"hi."

jake placed a soft peck upon his girlfriend's puckered lips, smiling as he pulled away. jake was classed as the 'most popular guy in school' with his wealthy parents and sophisticated life style. it was fitting for him to end up with nancy, the schools goody two shoes, as she was a great way to impress his parents.

if it wasn't for jake, nancy would most definitely be made fun of in school, like she used to be. she had always been labelled a 'goody two shoes'. it was a nickname she had acquired through many years of school and never getting into trouble. for years she was labelled a 'weirdo' and 'freak' all up until jake worthington asked her out over summer two years ago.

when they first started dating multiple people told him he was making a mistake, but he always assured them she was right for him. now, people are overly nice to nancy in hopes of getting in with the popular crowd ( and jake above all people ) but she's able to see past their fake smiles, being nice back nonetheless.

"so, can you come friday?" jake asked, taking his girlfriends hand in his as they began to walk down the corridor together.

friday. jake's party. nancy completely forgot but she wasn't about to tell jake that.

"y-yeah. i'll be there!"

the eyes of her boyfriend widened in excitement, "thank god for that!"

nancy giggled.
"so is it true?"

"is what true?"

nancy sighed, "max and kelsie."

jake laughed, looking down at his girlfriend who usually isn't one to care for drama, "yeah. i thought you hated gossip, what makes you so interested this time?"

"i just wondered is all."

"well yeah, it's true. he's a complete psycho, nance. he was screaming at the poor girl! completely ruined the party," jake explained in distaste.