FIFTEEN !

CHAPTER FIFTEEN:
DONE FOR.

THE SUN HUNG so impossibly in the smokey sky - a perfect circle with no strings or supports - pouring its warm oranges and reds onto the imperfect, secret lovers once again sat at the quarry. the quarry had once been a spot max came by himself when he needed to think but now, it had slowly become their place. a place for them to come together and sit comfortably in each others company.

nancy had been sitting on the idea of her infatuation for the boy for a couple of days and was still unable to sort through her feelings, knowing either way she was nothing more than a fuck buddy to him.

"okay, so a neutron, what's its mass?" nancy quizzed the boy as she picked up another flash card from the deck, him wracking his brain for answers.

max's eyebrows drew together and then relaxed, "one," he answered correctly, nancy clapping her hands together in an excited fashion.

"see, you've gotten them all right so far! you're going to ace the test on friday," she smiled.

"i hope so."

"you will, just remember everything i taught you," she advised. as much as she wanted max to pass the test for his sake and hers, she secretly hoped he wouldn't so they could continue meeting for study sessions that often turned into more.

"if i don't, my mum will definitely kill me," max said, a sigh escaping his lips. nancy chuckled as she began sorting the scattered flash cards into their allocated piles, "you're parents must be proud, you getting good grades and all."

sure, they were. they just weren't around enough to show it. "i suppose," she replied plainly.

"what are your parents like? you hardly speak about them?" max asked, unaware of the wound he was about to open. nancy stopped her sorting and dropped all of the cards with a huff. "sorry, am i overstepping too much?"

nancy shook her head lightly, "no, i just rarely talk about them," she shrugged.

"how come?" max leaned back onto the grass, crossing his arms underneath his head to act as a pillow.

"well, they aren't around enough for me to have stories to tell," she returned, "they're always working or away on business trips." max stared at the red head with a new sense of pity, feeling sorry for her unfortunate circumstances. "to be honest, i don't even know if they actually go on business trips, or just arrange holidays to get away from me," she chuckled dryly, moving to position herself lay next to max.

"why would they want to do that?"

nancy sighed, fixating her gaze onto the horizon, "well, nathan died and it kind of just completely destroyed our family, i guess. i remind them of him and i guess that hurts them?"

max rolled onto his side and held his head with the palm of his hand, staring at the freckled-faced girl beside him. his eyes filled with sympathy as a single tear slid down her flushed cheeks, "i'm sorry this happened to your family, nancy."

the ginger smiled, wiping away the tear that had fallen to her chin, "it's okay. i'm sorry to be such a downer."

"you aren't! i asked and so i'm sorry for overstepping."

nancy smiled, "can we stop apologising?"

"what do you wanna do instead?" he chuckled, watching as the petite girl edged closer towards him slowly. nancy parted her lips slightly, craving his touch to distract her from the pain she was now feeling.

finally, their lips connected in slow fashion, moving perfectly in sync as usual. it went without saying that kissing max was different than when nancy had ever kissed jake. not only was it more heated, but it was steeped with passion that ignites. max embraces himself, as well as her, rather than hiding as a copy of romantic idols like jake did, acting as though their love was perfect.

nancy's small body melted into his, their lips fitting like two pieces of a puzzle. she relented as he played with her ginger locks and pulled her tighter, and tighter. she lies on her back as he matches her body's form. max's hands venture over her slightly curved body, exploring. they eventually pull apart and open their eyes. their stares are fixated solely on each other, staring deep into each other's eyes. nancy's full of wonder and passion, max's full of curiosity and craving. no words were spoken but a story worthy of them was communicated.

max leans in and softly begins kissing up and down nancy's neck. she lets out little whimpers of anticipation. he works his way back to her swollen, smooth lips. as they kiss she rolls him over and lies on top of his lanky, slightly muscular body. she runs her lips up his neck and lands a loving and intense kiss on his lips.

the butterflies in nancy's stomach began dancing around eagerly, a feeling she hadn't felt in a long time. cassidy had been right all along — she liked max. she had fallen so impossibly for someone who would never see her the same way she sees him, and she couldn't deny her feelings any longer.

their lip lock under the setting sun seemed perfect.

until the giggling came.

the pair pulled apart abruptly, their breaths shallow and shaky, aware of the giggles coming from just a few metres away. nancy stared into max's eyes, scared and confused. upon turning her head to the side, it appeared they had an audience.

kelsie and kelly.

max scuffled to his feet, leaving nancy on the ground coated in worry.

"no, by all means continue! we would hate to interrupt," kelsie retorted, her eyes focusing on nancy instead of her ex. her stare was cold, one filled with hatred and jealousy mixing amount other emotions.

"kelsie, you can't tell anyone," max retorted, approaching the two girls with rage.

"tell anyone what? that you're cheaters?" she sneered, kelly giggling along, "how long has this been going on then? since we were together?"

max rolled his eyes, "shut the fuck up," he seethed through gritted teeth, "for her sake, you can't tell—"

"nice of you to protect the princess, very knight-in-shining-armour of you. sucks you aren't her boyfriend - jake is."

"kel, i swear to fucking god if you tell anyone about what you saw, you'll fucking regret it!" he yelled this time, causing nancy to whimper from behind.

kelsie didn't seem bothered, however, "what are you gonna do, max? don't you know you can't hit a girl?" she spoke mockingly, "come on, kelly, we've seen all we need to." a faux smile lay upon her lips as the pair sauntered away, giggling to themselves.

max turned back to face nancy, matching her worry.

they were done for.

NOTE! oooohhhh damnnnn.
i just planned this story out to the end and ooh shii
y'all ain't ready !
let me know whatcha thinkkkk!!
x, amelia