SEVEN !

CHAPTER SEVEN:
AGAIN.

THURSDAY'S BECAME NANCY'S least favourite day of the week extremely quick. sitting with someone as arrogant as max mills and suffering his snarky comments whilst attempting to tutor him was not at all delightful.

yet, there she sat. the freckled-faced red head dressed in a white baby-doll dress, waiting patiently for the obnoxious boy to arrive. sure, she definitely had some feelings of admiration towards the boy but she made an effort to swallow them down for the sake of her relationship, no matter how hard that task deemed to be.

"that dress looks good on you," a raspy voice sounded from behind, nancy already picturing the smirk evidently plastered across his ever so smug, but perfect, facial features.

"shut up and sit down, mills," nancy scoffed, extinguishing the flirty discussion before it could even begin.

max walked to his usual seat at the picnic table. he dragged the burning cigarette out of his puffy lips, letting out a smokey huff that polluted the air around them. he threw the cigarette to the ground, the light orange flames glowing against the floor.

"they're bad for you, you know," nancy advised, watching the flames flicker.

"anything can be bad for you if you have too much of it," max replied, stamping his foot onto the cigarette to put it out, then sliding into the wooden picnic bench.

nancy rolled her eyes, "so, what can you remember about an atom?" she asked, trying to focus solely on the work that would better the both of them.

"i don't know," max answered, bluntly.

"you do, come on!"

max huffed, "something about a nucleas."

"great! what's in the nucleas?" she smiled, pleased that the boy was finally learning.

"protons and neurones, or something."

"close. the nucleas contains protons and neutrons, but you're getting there!"

max shrugged, "neutrons...neurones, same thing," he replied, raising his two hands in the air and acting as if they were a scale.

"completely different, actually, but whatever. what orbits the nucleas?"

max narrowed his eyes at the girl, the clogs in his head clearly working to figure of the answer, "el-electrons?"

nancy nodded, pleasantly surprised at how much max new when he put his mind to it, "see, you know what you're talking about, you just don't believe you do."

max shrugged, "whatever."

nancy flipped the page in her textbook, "okay, next we're going to move on to—"

"nancy," max interrupted, sliding the text book from within her reach and moving it to one side, drawing nancy's attention onto him, "can we not do this."

confusion knitted nancy's eyebrows together as she glared at the boy, "do what?"

"chemistry. look, neither of us want to be here, so why make ourselves suffer?"

"we have to be here, max, you know that."

there was so reply. instead, the brunette simply stared at the girl and admired how her freckles seemed to glisten in the sun. max stood from his position at the table and walked round to the opposite side. to nancy's surprise, max slid into the seat next to her.

"what?" the petite ginger asked, glaring at the boy beside her.

"i want to try something....again," max replied, his voice smooth and silky, the words flowing from his lips and painting further confusion across nancy's delicate features.

"again?" she questioned, utterly lost.

max nodded. without hesitation, he allowed his testosterone to take over. he cupped her freckled face slowly and pulled it towards his, connecting their lips. a gasp resonated in the back of nancy's throat and she melted into him, once again being unable to push the boy away.

something about him made the world around them fall away. nancy would forget all of her worries, jake, her guilt. it all left with the touch of his lips.

max was the one to pull away, staring into her shocked ocean blue eyes. he smiled. the doe-eyed ginger stared up at him in disbelief. she was shocked. had max been thinking about her as much as she had him?

"you..w-we..we can't," nancy stuttered.

"we can," his voice was raspy once again, assuring and forceful. he leaned into the girl yet again and redirected her lips to his. it was a sweet kiss, not like the one they had shared previously which was filled with heat. it was similar to ones in which she shared with jake, but something was different. that something, however, she couldn't quite figure out.

nancy smiled into the kiss and moved her hands up to his hair, wrapping the strands around her finger continuously. the smoke still lingered in his breath and mingled with nancy's as max's tongue dove between her lips, adding more fuel to their lip-lock.

yes, they were in a public place. still residing on the grounds of school and so any person could walk past at any given time. the picnic benches were a popular place during school hours, couples coming and carving their initials into their wooden frames. after school, however, the area was more quite; peaceful. the chances of someone seeing them weren't completely impossible, but so minute the pair didn't care too much.

their lips finally pulled apart with a loud smack, nancy's eyes fluttering open to meet his. this time she didn't run. she stayed staring into his glossy, hazel eyes and allowed herself to enjoy the moment, pushing her guilt aside.

she had finally got what she had been thinking about for weeks on end, no matter what the consequences would undoubtedly be.

NOTE! this story? trash. lol. what am i doing?
i have no idea. literally, no idea. im kinda just
writing and hoping for the best??
i hope u like it ahaha! x, amelia