FOUR !

CHAPTER FOUR:
JEALOUSY.

NANCY CHRISTIAN'S WEEK of lockdown had finally come to an end. it had been a week filled with loneliness and piles of school work and study. although she found her self succumbing to boredom easier than usual, a small part of her was dreading the week's end.

she had numerous texts from jake who had been planning days out for the couple when nancy was free again. usually being in the company of jake made her feel happy; secure. they bonded well. however, seeing jake only made her feel guilty.

you can only avoid someone for so long before they start to become suspicious and the last thing she wanted was him becoming suspicious. she had to let him back in, act as if nothing had ever transpired between her and max. but how was she meant to do that when his lips were so unforgettable?

it had been a week since her regretful act. monday had arrived once again to drown the girl in uncomfortable school time.

"please tell me you're as scared as i am to get the chemistry tests back? because fuck, i'm terrified," her best friend huffed as the pair entered their third period chemistry class.

nancy giggled, "it's just a test."

"just a test? if i fail again my mum will murder me! we can't all be naturally smart, nance."

"i'm not naturally smart! besides, i wasn't feeling good when we took the test so i'm preparing for the worst," nancy explained, leaving out the details as to what was provoking her stomach to churn.

"A plus," cassidy mockingly replied as the girls took their seats, awaiting their grades.

nancy watched intensely as miss andrews sauntered around the classroom, her eyes narrowing at the students as she slipped their papers onto the desks. as she neared nancy's, cassidy began banging her palms lightly on her desk, creating a subtle drum roll for her already nervous best friend.

the paper fell onto nancy's desk smoothly and in one swift motion.

"i got a C! guess who's not so dumb anymore," cassidy announced, her shock entangled with excitement, "what'd you get?"

nancy exhaled happily, the grade imprinted in red not half as bad as she was expecting. she turned to face her best friend, "B plus." although not as good as her usual results, she was satisfied. she could relax.

"you're losing it, nance. i'm coming for your brand."

nancy giggled at her best friends remark, turning herself back round only to be faced with miss andrews advancing towards her. the nerves returned.

"come and speak to me after class," miss andrews spoke plainly, no extra emotion to her tone. it was a simple comment yet it inflicted so much worry into nancy's head.

the rest of the class slugged on, miss andrews repeating the same words that were coated in disappointment at everyone's lack of effort for the test and school year as a whole.

surprisingly, the class finally came to a close, the bell signalling everyone to leave as fast as they could. although nancy wished she could flee to lunch also, she was pulled back by miss andrews' need to speak to her.

nancy steadily made her way up to the front of the room where miss andrews' desk sat. "you wanted to speak to me, miss andrews?"

miss andrews looked up at nancy with a grin, "ah, yes. nancy, i have a favour to ask." nancy nodded, relieved she wasn't in trouble. "i have a student who appears to be struggling terribly with chemistry and i wondered, as our best student, if you would be able to help him out?"

the offer didn't excite nancy, nor did it sound the slightest bit enjoyable. she could only think of who the student could be.

without showing her displeasure, nancy smiled, "yes, of course," she replied, thinking solely on how good the deed would look on applications further in her life.

"brilliant!" miss andrews chirped, "i'll send him to meet you thrusday after school, is that okay with you?" nancy nodded. "fantastic! thank you so much for this, nancy!"

"no problem," she replied. although, it was a problem. and a huge one to say the least.

——

the school day had finally come to an end.

nancy had hesitantly agreed to spend time with jake after school for the first time in a week. the couple entered the hot-food diner, a popular after school hangout. despite knowing this information, nancy's breath was caught in her throat when a familiar pair of eyes fixated onto her. she casts her gaze down to her slightly dirty converse.

the couple slide into a booth and jake reaches for her hands, nancy still uncomfortably aware of the pair of eyes staring at her from afar.

"i've missed this," jake spoke, smiling at the girl before him.

"y-yeah, me too."

nancy pulled her hands from the grasp of her boyfriend and reached for a menu, handing one to jake also.

"you want your usual?" jake asked. the comment couldn't help but make nancy smile. jake knew her incredibly well, not as well as cassidy did, but well enough to make her happy. nancy nodded in response. "okay, i'll be back," jake added, placing the menu's back into their holder and heading over to the till to order.

nancy immediately shifted her gaze to lock eyes with his, unable to restrict his stares any longer. he studied her carefully, admiring the girl from his position on the opposite side of the diner. it wasn't an uncomfortable stare. no, it was one filled with an unexpected lust. nancy so craved his touch and it was a feeling she tried hard to swallow back.

alongside her regret of that night, she had been experiencing an overwhelming sense of longing. the feelings she felt when lip-locking with jake were no where near as fulfilling as they were during her short, but steamy, make out with max mills.

it was max that pulled away from their stare. his eyes shifted to the petite blonde that had suddenly entered the diner. he stood from his seat and pulled her into a short, but intense, kiss.

that's when nancy felt it. the pit in her stomach dropped with a sudden thud. she tried, but she couldn't tear her eyes away from the act. she so wished that was her, regretfully, but completely.

"all ordered," jake chirped, sliding back into the seat opposite the girl. "are you okay?" he asked, noticing nancy's hurt facial expression.

she finally turned her gaze back to jake, "yeah. i'm fine. thanks for ordering," she smiled.

as the night continued, nancy kept glancing over at max as he laughed along with the unknown blonde. she felt sick. not the type of sick she felt in the past whilst dealing with her guilt, but a new type of sickness. she knew the feeling but was hesitant to admit it.

she was jealous.

so completely jealous.

yet she didn't know why.

NOTE! i literally have no idea what i'm
doing with this story omg i'm literally just going
with the flow and hoping for the best haha??
let me know what u think!! x, amelia