TWENTY !

CHAPTER TWENTY:
RASPBERRY AND VODKA.

"HOLY SHIT, IS the room spinning for you too?" a more-than-tipsy nancy asked, sprawled across her carpeted bedroom floor.

cassidy giggled before nodding, "i feel like i'm floating! why haven't we done this before? i mean like getting drunk alone is so much better than at some dumb party. it's just so..what's the word? it means fun but more than fun. you know? well, i don't know, but that word."

nancy turned her head to look at her best friend swaying back and forth on her bed. "i have no idea what you're talking about, but me too." the two friends burst into a fit of girlish laughter.

they were drunk.

like, really drunk.

as usual, nancy's parents weren't home but away on some business trip so they had the house to themselves. upon finding this out cassidy suggested a night for them to get drunk and forget their worries to which nancy agreed and raided her parents liquor cabinet. no worries, she would fill the bottles up with water once they were finished and just hope her parents didn't notice how watered down their liquor would taste.

"what if they find out? i'll be murdered!" nancy exclaimed as cassidy plunged the key into the cabinets lock.

cassidy rolled her eyes, "stop worrying, they aren't going to find out! now, help me grab the bottles."

nancy did as told and scooped up some of the intoxicating beverages, carrying them over to the kitchen table and placing them down with a sigh. she stood and watched as cassidy began mixing multiple bottles together into one cup.

nancy reluctantly took the glass containing a pinkish liquid and held it to her nose to smell, cringing at the strong odour, "what's in this?"

"raspberry and vodka, it's my specialty drink," cassidy simply replied with a smirk before pouring another glass for herself. the two seventeen-year-olds brought the beverage to their lips and let it run down their throats.

the pair smiled, enjoying the raspberry taste. "this isn't so bad!" nancy exclaimed as she licked her lips.

"see, i told you!"

nancy smiled, enjoying the feeling of the liquid slipping down her throat.

and so she took another...

"what do people without thumbs do when they get challenged to a thumb war? like, do they just not partake. or do they have an index finger war? ooo, or a pinky war! wow, pinky fingers are so strong. they're the most underrated finger in my opinion," nancy rambled as she raised her hands in the air to look at the chipped black nail polish, unusually talkative in her drunken state.

cassidy gasped before rolling onto her stomach to look at her red-headed best friend. "oh my god, they so are! wow, we are so smart. how are we not billionaires?" nancy nodded enthusiastically in agreement. cassidy sighed, "so, hows it going with the sexatron 3000?"

nancy huffed and leaned her back up against the wall for support, "he got dumped by grace."

cassidy giggled and ducked her head between her folded arms on the bed, "serves him and his toxic masculinity right! honestly, that guy, nance, he has a real sex addiction i'm calling it now!"

nancy giggled with her best friend, her smile soon fading to a sudden frown, "but he's good at it." she sorrowfully grasped the glass containing cassidy's concoction and brought it to her lips once again.

"do you miss him?" cassidy questioned, nancy nodding in reply. "but he hurt you."

nancy huffed, "but he's so sexy." her head lolled to the side in despair as she let all of her feelings of longing towards the boy present themselves through her drunken state.

"no!" cassidy exclaimed, "you don't need him! you are an independent woman, just like the pinky finger!"

nancy lifted her head, "how can i be in-pecen...impe....in-pecen-dant when all i think about is him? i don't deserve to be a pinky finger," she huffed.

cassidy rolled off of the bed to comfort her friend, only to fall in the process and land flat out on her face. the best friends looked at each other from their positions on the floor, shocked at first at cassidy's brutal thump onto the ground, and then let the giggles escape.

"you're so stupid, cassidy," nancy spoke inbetween giggles, a sharp pain shooting through her stomach from the laughs.

"so are you for thinking you are anything but a pinky finger! you don't need max mills, he's an ass!" cassidy concluded, not bothering to pick herself up after her accident.

the girls grew startled at a sudden knock at the door. their eyes widened in a sense of fear, the person at the front door being unknown to them. "who?" nancy asked.

cassidy shrugged, "my bet is it's the wind!"

nancy giggled, "silly wind! wind, you aren't invited to the party!" she called, causing cassidy to mirror her laughing.

"and neither is max!" cassidy shouted, the frown returning to nancy's delicate features.

"but i love him," she admitted.

"what?" a familiar voice spoke from behind her.

NOTE! this chapter is a pile of my ass butttt
hey ho let's go!
how's 01quarantine1 going for u all?
x, amelia