SIX !

CHAPTER SIX:
TRAPPED.

ONE THING NANCY completely hated about being jake worthington's girlfriend was all the parties she was obliged to attend. it was exhausting. the worst part was at these parties jake hardly acknowledged her. he would go do some stupid drinking games with his friends and leave nancy alone all night.

sure, she had cassidy, but cassidy wasn't so easy to keep tabs on. she was, what teenagers called, 'a party animal'. she was the type of girl obsessed with boys but not committed enough to lock herself down into a relationship. therefore when at parties she would get a little distracted and caught in the moment.

and so there she sat. a fiery red head yet again alone at a high school party, drink in hand but no one she was willing to speak to in sight. if cassidy was to be alone she'd turn to a random stranger and start a conversation about nothing. it was a trait nancy admired and heavily envied. however nancy was more reserved and socially awkward than cassidy - making them perfect best friends.

"hey, babe," jake slurred, approaching the red head from behind, "i'm going to play beer pong and then i'm all yours, okay?" he was drunk. that was the fifth time that night her boyfriend had repeated that same sentence, or something similar.

nancy smiled and nodded like she always did, watching her intoxicated boyfriend stumble into the crowd ahead. a sigh escaped her plump lips as nancy checked her phone hoping the time had passed greatly since the last time she checked. it hadn't. in fact, it had only passed two minutes.

nancy decided she needed some alone time, away from the loud music and drunken teenage screams. a bit of peace a quiet for her to collect her thoughts and escape a scene she felt overwhelmingly uncomfortable in.

she pushed through the crowd, the occasional person clasping onto her hand and trying to get her to dance with them to which she declined, earning a handful of 'boo's'.

as she opened the door, the cold air hit her skin and fought the sweat away. she slammed the door shut behind her and breathed in the cool air, shutting her eyes as she did so.

at the sound of a faint giggle, she glanced over her shoulder to find a couple propped up against a black range rover – jake's dad's black range over to be precise. it didn't take her long to recognise the chestnut hair she had run her fingers through one time before.

nancy couldn't help but grimace at the sight. she averted her gaze, not wanting him to know that she saw. that would be weird, her just watching them from afar as they made out. she looked towards the ground, hoping the cobbles would distract her from the shameless face-sucking occurring just a few yards away.

she considered turning to go back inside but decided she needed a little longer to cool down. she so wished jake didn't turn into a monstrous, emotion free teenage boy when he drunk and instead remained as the respectable and caring boyfriend she knew and loved. perhaps if he did, parties wouldn't be so bad. she wouldn't have to face them alone.

nancy reluctantly looked back up at the couple, only to see if they were almost finished so she didn't feel as uncomfortable, and her breath caught in her throat. his mouth was against the blonde, but his eyes were locked on her.

he was watching her whilst he kissed his girlfriend.

the girl against him was completely clueless to where his stare was fixated as she continued kissing him. nancy's bottom lip wedged between her teeth, eager to go home. she hated to admit it, but she wanted his lips on her own.

she was snapped from her intense eye contact when an arm snaked around her waist, "b-baby, there you are! i've been looking everywhere for you," her boyfriend drunkenly slurred, the stench of alcohol entangling with his breath.

"here i am," nancy smiled.

"come dance," jake said, grabbing the girls forearm and dragging her into the house, but not before nancy could catch another glimpse of max.

he had disentangled himself from the blonde and was now lighting a cigarette. she felt the heat within her, strangely wishing she could taste the smoke on his lips herself.

jake slammed the door behind the red head and yanked her towards the dance floor, pulling her close to him. it appeared jake had forgotten nancy's hatred of dancing, especially in the circumstances she was in. every time she tried to walk away he would pull her back, whispering something along the lines of, 'no' or 'dont go' but it was hard to tell as his words got lost in the sound of the music.

she was trapped.

NOTE! why am i updating so much omg
wow look at me getting that grind!
x, amelia