10. Brandon; Jealous

A few times that week Nora came around to see me after work twice so far she stayed the night not needing to be sneaky as my Dad was either at work or asleep. Mason on the other hand I was trying to keep quiet to about her. He knew she had been around still but I hadn’t told him she spent the night. He was acting weird this week not coming around after work and not yet making plans for the weekend. It had been almost an entire week since I saw him and although we spoke everyday still even on FaceTime he wasn’t completely there with me, he seemed so distant. I’d tried asking him what was wrong but he lied telling me nothing. A few other mates were going to a house party on Saturday and this weekend I wasn’t working so I agreed to go asking them if Mason was going but they said they hadn’t heard from him yet. I wasn’t going to give him the option.

Party at Pauls Saturday
Im picking u up

Saturday? Okay

At least he was going. I’d see him after what felt like forever! Nora wasn’t invited and I hadn’t told her about it either instead I lied telling her I needed a rest and would see her tomorrow instead. I ignored her messages as I got myself ready to go and pick Mason up praying he was in a good mood. I dressed pretty casual in black ripped jeans and a oversized plain white t-shirt rolling the sleeves up messily at the top to show more of my few tattoos as well as it hanging loose around my neck. For once I left my hair down in its scruffy curls it falling just below my jaw leaving my hair tie around my wrist in case I changed my mind.

Mason didn’t live too far from mine so I waited until the time the party was meant to be starting before I left to go and pick him up. I parked my car in its usual spot on his road I considered just texting him I was here but after so long I didn’t want to be reunited with him in a car where I couldn’t touch him. Instead I hopped out jogging up to his front door I knocked waiting for his answer. I adjusted my jeans on my hips checking down over myself hoping I looked good enough. My eyes snapped up to the sound of the door opening a smile spreading my face right away when I saw him standing there... as handsome as ever. He pulled off looking flawless so easily I don’t even think he sees it himself. He was wearing black jeans too that fit him so snuggly, black and white vans and a dark green t-shirt, a black bomber jacket over the top. All week he must of not shaved as a dark brown stubble littered over his chin styled sharply making how strong his jaw line was even more noticeable. It wrapped up around his upper lip, god it suited him. It wasn’t thin or wispy it was thick real stubble nothing like my baby hair grew. Before I knew it I was reaching for him pulling him into my chest clapping my hands on his back the stress of a week without him leaving me even as I felt he was holding back from me.

“Been too long Prince.” I mumbled into his neck before pulling back leaving one of my hands on his side as I couldn’t help but look down over him again my eye catching on the way his t-shirt had rose a little higher exposing black and white boxers poking from under his jeans.

“I agree.” His looking me over too us both staring at each other him sucking and biting on his lower lip as he did this his tongue slipped out to wet them before he gave me his first real smile. I’ve missed that smile. I forced myself to take some steps back heading to the car to get this party started.

We caught up on the ride over on what we had missed all week again I left out as many details about Nora as I could instead telling him how someone at work was fired for swearing repeatedly at a customer and how my Dad was working away in just over a week and would he mind staying with me. He rolled his head my way grinning. “Oh duh of course. How would you cope without me.” He agreed knowing just how much I hated being home alone especially over night.

Turns out he’d had a crappy week getting into another argument with his Dad and one with his Boss because apparently he wasn’t paying enough attention to customers and he’d given someone dairy free who didn’t need it and they complained their coffee taste like crap. “What about if you had done it the other way around giving lactose to someone whose dairy free?” He mocked how his Boss had shouted at him telling me he was now on his final warning there as earlier in the week someone had made a complaint he was day dreaming instead of listening when taking their order as they stood waiting to be served. Something was on his mind clearly. I’d leave it for now though he would tell me when he wanted to and by the way he was changing the subject to what we were drinking tonight I took the hint it wouldn’t be now he told me.

The house was pretty full with people when we got there instantly making Mason step closer to me his hand slipping onto my lower back which I didn’t mind. “I need a drink.” He whispered to me and I agreed letting him push me towards the kitchen. We didn’t hesitate going straight for the strong stuff well what we could manage anyway, I was planning on driving home as it would cost too much in a taxi and Mason hated strong drinks anyway. People came to us who we hadn’t seen in a while sparking up conversation with us Lance someone who I’d known since childhood was trying to convince me to go with him to meet his girlfriend as we hadn’t seen each other in months but I seen how Mason looked over at me hearing him ask with such concern in his eyes. I turned him down saying I’m sure I’d see her later on and I’d only just got here.

“I was speaking with Mason yesterday man his acting pissy.” He changed the conversation at the mention of his name I was back to looking over at him. Somehow he had been dragged over to the other side of the kitchen with Blair and the two of them looked rather cosy cuddled up close whispering to each other Blair having a huge smile on his face. His eyes moved to me then back to Mason his smile widening. “Hello?” I heard Lance call out to me bringing me back into the conversation with him realising I’d completely just zoned out.

“Sorry. Erm excuse me.” I put my beer down on the table still non the wiser what he had been saying to me I walked right by him without waiting for a reply my sights set and Blair and Mason.
I wasted no time slipping my arm around Mason’s waist pulling him to me looking directly at Blair.