gene x reader

hey guys ;-) i'm back for now.

severe depression warning.

****
*tap* tap* tap*
the sound of my shoes after hitting the ground. it was raining and i was trying to get home. i had my hoodie on over my uniform. it was extremely soft, and it made me warm. i had gotten into a fight with a kid, his name was gene. he was honestly a bitch, i have no other words to describe him in. he was rude and selfish. his little brother is a huge flirt. his whole family is filled with that. except for his mother. me and him used to be best friends, but when highschool hit he got into his little group.. forcing people to do irrational things and continuously bullying freshmen. me and him were seniors this year, we had done our senior pictures together for our mothers and were constantly trying to be nice to each other but it never worked out. he was to mean, i was to awkward. but today, today hit another level of bitch. during our shuttle argument he had started yelling and cussing at me, which was uncalled for. it continued for awhile, maybe 10 to 15 minutes about how i was a slut, and that i was just a fake ass bitch and nothing meant anything to me. he had slapped me. that's when i took off running. my legs are getting tired but i'm trying not to stop.

i can see my house in the distance. but i can also hear someone calling my name from behind. Gene had always caused thoughts to come and go.. thoughts of suicide or self harm. he caused anxiety and depression. though i try not to show it, it's getting hard. i'm forced to stay on medication, when i get to nervous i get sick, when i feel worthless and like i can do anything i get sick. he's caused me so much pain. i finally arrived at my house. i unlocked the door with the spare key from under the mate and rushed to my room.

looking everywhere for the knife i had hidden, i looked under the bed, on my dressers, in my bathroom, it was no where. i went into my mother's room, and grabbed hers. i went back into my bathroom and did what i thought was best, i cut myself multiple times. i sat there crying even harder. the way of coping i used was awful, but it's the only way i knew would make me feel better. i tried for 30 minutes to stop crying, blood was hitting the floor, i was losing more and more every second.

finally there was banging on the front door..

"(y/n)!! open the door! i didn't mean it!"

it was gene.. of course he'd try to make things better by saying he didn't mean it. he didn't it everytime. he always tried to make himself seem better. i had enough. he was going to learn today that he needed to stop a long time ago. i got up from the floor, blood still dripping. my eyes were going black. i tried to find something to end it. i couldn't find the pills that were on my dresser, i couldn't find the gun that would normally be under my pillow. i couldn't find any of it. i couldn't take it. it was horrible, then suddenly i fell, blacked out, went unconscious for what seemed like minutes, but was actually days.

he had gotten into the house, ran upstairs and saw me on the floor. he had pushed my shoulders trying to get me to wake up. he tried everything. he called my mother, then his, then 911. he rode with me in the ambulance to the hospital. he stayed there from the time i was put into a room until i was released. he sat by me until i woke up. when i had woke up he was beside me asleep. he had a tear stained face. i tried to push him slightly to get him up but i was so weak i could barely move.

"gene.." i said. barely audible. "wake up.." i said again, slightly louder.

he shuffled to the side, slightly opening his eyes, then closing them again.
i tried to push him a little again, repeating what i did last time, this time he opened his eyes fully, sitting there looking surprised. he started crying, and he hugged me ever so slightly, making sure he wouldn't hurt me.

"please never do that again (y/n)... i need you.. alive, and with me.. i'm so sorry" he said, his voice cracking.

i just sat there, taking everything, trying to decide if he deserved another chance or not.

i looked at him and nodded, closing me eyes and laid my head back on the hospital bed.

"ok.." i said quietly, and fell back asleep with him by my side.

****
hey guys.. i'm sorry i haven't wrote something in awhile.. thanks for sticking around if you have.. ive been having severe anxiety and depression issues, thought i could take it out in a story way.. i love you all, and i hope your 2020 is amazing. have a great day loves.

1/6/20