On my way

Sigh... that mountain is so far away! I have to travel on foot to reach there. My feet are much faster than a horse cart. Hmm...... Killing some demons along the way sounds like a good warm-up. To make sure my plan works, I sleep under a tree during the whole morning and afternoon, then I continue my journey until the sun rises the next day. So I ended up disturbing my sleep cycle. On the bright side, I don't have to pay for accommodations. That means I can spend more on food! Yay!

When I'm asleep, of course, I tell Lord Lucky about the Final Selection.

"WHAT?!! YORU! WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT NOT SHOWING OFF?!!"

"Ah... but Muichiro is the youngest Pillar in the original anime. I just want to beat his record..."

"Did he get hunted by that Muzan?"

"N...not specifically. One of Muzan's goals is destroying all the demon slayers, no matter Pillars or not."

"...If being a Pillar didn't catch his attention that much, then it's fine." She sighs and averts her eye gaze.

Somethings not right with her tone. Did something awful happen while I was away? "Lord Lucky, is something wrong?"

A lot of irk marks appear on her head. "IS SOMETHING WRONG?!! YES!!! I'M NOW THE DEMON LORD OF DARKNESS!!! I'M NOT HAPPY AT ALL!"

"Huh? You're a Demon Lord now?"

"That cursed system told me that my status is too high and equals with the other Demon Lords. So it gave me that title. HOW CAN I LIVE NORMALLY WHEN EVERYONE FEARED ME?!! Ah... well, I guess there's no turning back for both of us. You have to live as a slayer with 'demonic' power while I have to live as a Demon Lord."

"Doesn't that kinda makes me your subordinate? Just like the Twelve Demon Moons?"

"Pfft! Subordinate? You're more like a successor to me. Unlike them, you're my precious star! Here! This mask is chosen based on your previous world game."

This mask

This mask... let me guess... it's from Street Fighter, isn't it? At least this mask doesn't have a creepy smile carved on it.

"The mask has a mark just like number 7. Some people from your past believed it's a lucky number, right? Although, the Japanese believed that number 8 is the lucky one... whatever. This mask looks cool. On top of that, it'll remind you of me! Because my name is Lucky! Hahahaha!"

Ah... here I thought that she picked that up randomly. Guess I'm wrong. She picked that because it's related to her name.

"And this mask doesn't have mouth carved on it, which symbolizes your inability to use the original Breath Styles! The mouth part has small holes so that you can use that fire Jutsu while wearing it. Plus, it's fireproof!"

Wow. So detailed. I'm grateful that she's on my side despite being a new Demon Lord.

"Hey Yoru! Now that you have your haori, do you want to practice Akutagawa's Rashoumon?"

I think for a while. Maybe I should practice later because the demons on the mountains are not that strong. I can't risk my secret being exploited too soon. "Sorry, Lord Lucky, maybe later. I want to stick with your cheat code for now."

"Hmm? Is that so?~" She crosses her fingers. I finally realize that she has pretty sharp nails. She notices that I eyeing her nails. "Fufufu~ Don't worry. I'm not from a demon bloodline."

"Th..then,.. what are you?"

"I said don't worry! I don't eat humans! I'm a half-dragon and that's all I know. The end!"

"So... you're like a demi-human? Half-human and half-beast?"

"I don't know! My world is different from your civilized world! What did you expect? DNA test?"

"How do you even know about those?"

"It's.... one of my skills. But it still has some restrictions. Alright! Enough chit-chat! Go! Make me proud!" She gives me thumbs up and I jolted up from my sleep. At least Kyojuro is not here or I'll wake him up again. I stand and start to stretch my body. "Ah, the air is so fresh. The countryside is so calming." I continue my journey as usual in hope that I'll encounter any demons for real combat practice.

One early night, I realized that I'm out of food stock. I decide to buy some food. My eyes wander around to search for a food store but instead, I see fresh blood stench on the ground between two closed shops. Oooh~ This is the moment I've been waiting for!

I wear the new mask that Lord Lucky gave me and activate Madara's ability as a shinobi. I sneak into the shadow and I finally spot my target, a random demon eating a human corpse. Tch! I'm late. If I've noticed earlier, then... oh well... regret comes later!

I unsheath my sword and use Shunshin no Jutsu to appear right behind the unaware demon.

Without using any flame, I sliced its neck cleanly. His head rolls off onto the ground. I could clearly see his shocked bloody face through my mask. "WHAT?!! A BRAT?!! I'LL KILL YOU! I'LL MAKE SURE YOU....." His head finally disintegrates into the air. Kill me, he said. Heh, empty babble. I left immediately so that no one thinks that I'm the one who killed the human corpse.

I sneak into the shadows again and jump onto the rooftops silently. I Shunshin behind another building and blend in with the crowd. My mask didn't attract attention, so that means they are used to seeing people with masks on.

I raise my head a little to watch the beautiful lanterns around me. But something just caught my attention more than these lanterns. From here, I could see... Fujikasane Mountain! It's still far from here but if I run just like Madara with full power, I'll be there in no time! But first, food is essential.