Shadow of Truth

[Basically, Red Light District Arc]

[Comparison between the Sound Pillar's wives and the Kamaboko Squad

[Comparison between the Sound Pillar's wives and the Kamaboko Squad.]

Oreki's POV

"Oreki, why are we here? It's not like they needed our help." Katsuki asks while fixing his cloak to hide his identity.

"They don't, but I need a favor." I used transformation jutsu to transform into Ryuunosuke Akutagawa. If I transform into female characters, like Gin Akutagawa, it will only attract more attention. Plus, Upper Moon Six would most likely try to eat me. I'll just let them slay Upper Moon Six all by themselves.

"Favour?"

"Yes. My master had already told me how I've lost my memory." And I don't like it one bit. "She doesn't know everything about those 15 years I've lost, so I decided to use her greatest advice."

This perks up Katsuki's interest. "Really? Sounds cool! Can you tell me? Pretty please~" Even though the hood of the cloak hide half of his face, I knew that his eyes were sparkling.

I stop my tracks. I turn my head sideways and signal him to come closer. "Cheat," I whisper to his ear. Katsuki sweatdropped. Maybe he didn't understand, so I must explain further. "My memory was taken from me, but not others'. So, I'll just ask someone who knew me to get a piece of my past."

"You will ask someone?" Katsuki whispers back.

"Yes, because my lord said I once told her about a snake guy. Maybe she refers to Obanai Iguro. At the time being, we will walk around and watch them from the sidelines."

"Eeeeh? What if we get caught?"

"We don't have to watch them constantly. We will reveal ourselves when we are needed to." As I finish those words, my nose caught something that smells nice. I turn around and continue to walk towards the source. Katsuki follows me curiously. We ended up in front of a shop that sells Takoyaki. Uwaah! They look tasty!

"Welcome young men! May I take your order?" The waiter asks us with a smile.

"I want Takoyaki." I ponder to think how many plates I would need to satisfy my hunger."We-"

"We'll take all of them." Katsuki interrupts. The waiter and I are both confused. He shows the waiter a sack of money. "Give us all the Takoyaki you have right now and this money will be yours."

The waiter snaps back into reality. "Ah! Yes! Of course! We're on it!" He turns his head. "Father! We got red code!" The waiter rushes to the kitchen.

"Is this necessary?" I sweatdrop.

Katsuki just smiles. Since he's slightly taller than me, it's easier for him to pat my head. I sigh in defeat. It's not like I hate my life. I'm just not used to be spoiled. I look around the shop. There are not so many people here. We choose a place to sit as we talk about random stuff.